Wind deflector

Details of how to register as a zroadster.net user, plus tips on day-to-day usage
Paulro

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Wind deflector

Post by Paulro »

New to the Z3.
Did this item come as standard to the car?
Are they essential when the weather isn't brilliant, cutting out draughts and keeping the cabin reasonably comfortable.
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Wind deflector

Post by Bonzo »

They weren't standard, but do a good job in reducing buffeting. Clear perspex or the BMW mesh type are available. I personally prefer the look of the clear perspex type. The mesh type to me looks a bit of cast off ladies underwear. :shock:

:cheers

Bonzo
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.
Juvvajuvva

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Juvvajuvva »

Having some discarded ladies underwear in my car never bothered me much,just made me smile! :D :lol:

Merry Christmas to all.
J
bertiejaffa

M roadster S50

Post by bertiejaffa »

The difference when driving with the top down is unbelievable - I would definitely recommend getting one of either version.

I have the OEM mesh types and I like them personally - all down to personal preference, however remember that the mesh ones can be zipped down and therefore you can (1) open the back box (assuming you dont have the HK Sub in there instead) and (2) you can reach back into the roof well - very handy if you have a manual roof.

Welcome to the pack
Here come the girls.....
My //M Refurb
My First Zed Journal
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Does you car have roll hoops? If yes, then the above advice is correct.

If not, then there a couple more wind deflector designs for cars without roll hoops. The early type I is part metal mesh and part fabric - it goes into the top of the seatbelt turrets. The later type II is all metal mesh and came in two variants, one for pre-facelift and one for facelift - it needs brackets fitting under the trim and some holes drilling in the storage box lid - the two only differ in the pitch of the pins 70 or 75cm (can never remember which is which).

I had a type I before I fitted rollhoops. I now have the fishnet stockings type (but no high heels). They both work equally well and keep the draught off the back of your neck. They also prevent the gf from looking like a squid. :D

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Bonzo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Bonzo »

Juvvajuvva wrote:Having some discarded ladies underwear in my car never bothered me much,just made me smile! :D :lol:

Merry Christmas to all.
J
Me neither, just had to remember to remove it before my wife got in the car! :shock: Where there is a will there is a way I suppose , but a Z3 is really not suitable for any passion adventures!

:cheers
Z3lda (Zelda), 1998 2.8, Montreal Blue, Beige Oregon leather interior and M steering wheel, Sports Seats, Wood trim, Chrome Line Interior, Centre armrest with Cupholder, Alpina Softline wheels, Chromed Angel Eyes, De- tango'd, Rear stone guards, Sport aerial, ASC front strut brace, Strong Strut Butt Strut and Body Brace, Uprated brake fluid, Yellowstuff pads 78k.