Boiler repair engineer recommendations in Basingstoke/Hampshire area.

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Boiler repair engineer recommendations in Basingstoke/Hampshire area.

Post by wonderloaf »

Just got back from a few days holiday and found the boiler's packed up ... :head:

Can anybody recommend a trustworthy engineer in the Basingstoke or Hampshire area before I throw myself at the mercy of the internet to find one?

TIA.
2001 Titan Silver 2.2 Sport
John Wilson

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: Boiler repair engineer recommendations in Basingstoke/Hampshire area.

Post by John Wilson »

The Z3 doesn’t have a steam engine. You must be confusing it with an SLK. Just stop shovelling in coal, and put petrol in it. Then it will run just fine. Hope that’s some help.
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

Aaaahh, that's the problem then, I thought the steam coming out of the exhaust was just a blown head gasket. :)

Still taking bl**dy cold showers though! Luckily the weathers so hot it's quite pleasant!
yamsel1

M roadster S50

Post by yamsel1 »

Sorry cant help as I'm a bit too far away in Norfolk. If its a combi boiler have you checked the system pressure?
Should be around 1 bar when the system is cold.
If you are still looking for a repair engineer try the looking on www.gassaferegister for an engineer in your area.
wonderloaf

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by wonderloaf »

yamsel1 wrote: Mon 02 Jul, 2018 09:24 Sorry cant help as I'm a bit too far away in Norfolk. If its a combi boiler have you checked the system pressure?
Should be around 1 bar when the system is cold.
If you are still looking for a repair engineer try the looking on www.gassaferegister for an engineer in your area.
Hi yamsel, thanks for the suggestion, have checked the pressure and it's around 1.3bar. It is a combi and according to the spec should be between 1 and 2 bar. Managed to find a local engineer who's coming round this afternoon, fingers crossed it's something simple and cheap to fix!