The story so far 2.0ltr Titanium silver

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Re: The story so far 2.0ltr Titanium silver

Post by ('_')Z3 »

spurs fan in a coupe wrote:Car looks awesome mate.

Glad you're still going strong on Spurs Fan fuel!

That's a lovely exhaust note.
I love the exhaust, although I have to say the fuel economy has really suffered as I often drive around in a gear below much to the Mrs annoyance :lol:
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Ontiken wrote:I'm just totally in awe,you're doing a fabulous job on your car. Not seen one of those Raid wheels, a few people I know have the Royal up grade which I like.Is the price similar? Also , how does the gear knob compare with a Storm, presumably it is similarly heavy?
Thanks!! The Raid wheel is the dearer option compared to the Royal steering wheel upgrade. They are anything from £400 upwards on average, you then buy the specific boss to bolt to the back of the wheel and this allows the fitting to your Z. But at 320mm it's sufficiently smaller and makes a huge difference to the driving experience.

The AC Schnitzer gear knob does not have the same weight as the Storm variant unfortunately :? at £180 it certainly isn't cheap but I like the look of it with the matching hand brake. It was one of the first things I got and I've since bought the Schnitzer wheels, pedals, hoops, front flippers and the still to be fitted foot rest plate. Not everyone :) s thing but I just like the look of it
('_')Z3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by ('_')Z3 »

Not many mods to update on really :? In the last 12months she has done precisely 432 miles
I have changed the rear third brake light to the OEM chrome one. I'd been after one for a while and when I saw it for a reasonable price it was bought.

And after

I prefer the chrome, it matches the Z8 chrome washer jets

I'd been after a set of AC Schnitzer front splitters for an absolute age, probably a few years. Annoyingly I always seemed to just miss out whenever they came up until!

I'm really pleased with the look, and now I've started to look out for the rear AC schnitzer rear bumper splitter! so if anyone has on they are looking to move on for a facelifted rear bumper let me know.

The calipers have been painted red, I've picked up a set of the larger caliper carriers for the 3.0ltr so one of the jobs over winter is to upgrade to the larger 300mm discs

That's pretty much it, seems rude not to add the gratuitous side shot for good measure though.

g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Still one of my favourite zeds, get out and drive it more though :roll:
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal