deni2s Z3

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

deni2s Z3

Post by deni2s »

What do you think of this car? What do you like, what do you dislike, what would you change, add or improve?
Looks like I have some identity crisis - I knew exactly which direction I should go with cars design, but now I don't know if I still want to go the same way...
All opinions are welcome!
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: deni2s Z3

Post by gookah »

roll hoops look terrible, I will take them off you for a small fee. :D

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

I think your car is looking great but personally I am not a fan of the black wheel centres, IMO it does not show the wheels off to their full potential.

Keep up the good work :thumb:
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Brian H wrote:I think your car is looking great but personally I am not a fan of the black wheel centres, IMO it does not show the wheels off to their full potential.
Thanks for opinion, I will think about it. Inspiration for wheels I got from this pic:

I liked the contrasts of black and polished steel. Maybe I should put bigger drilled brake discs to add more contrast for spokes?
Brian H wrote:Keep up the good work :thumb:
Any particular ideas with what I should continue?
Last edited by deni2s on Wed 28 May, 2014 22:10, edited 3 times in total.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

gookah wrote:roll hoops look terrible, I will take them off you for a small fee. :D
I "hate" them too ;) They changed my perception of car totally :)
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Hey, I need more ideas! Lips, bumpers, mirrors, grilles, wings, spoilers, lights... What would you do?
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Personally I'd take the tow hook off the front - way too 'ricer'. Unless you car's really unreliable and gets towed a lot, of course! The ride height looks a bit 'nose-up', at least in that picture.

Asking what others would do is a difficult question - personally I'd keep it pretty standard, but that's probably not your thing.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

.... only my opinion... get black/white CF badging and lose the blue/white BMW badges.... get a set of M side gills, remove the M badging and have the recess filled and painted over... Also a set of M mirrors and the headlight orange indicators to be changed for clears or get a set of the projector lens aftermarket headlamps.... Remove the liscence plate holder and attach the plate to the bumper for a smoother finish....
Definitely remove the roll hoops and send to me... I can dispose of them for you.... :D
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Tow hook is there because I don't have cover for tow hook hole. It looks "ricer", but on the other hand it adds some touch or accent. I believe it will stay for some time, and then I will get bored by answering the questions why I have tow hook in (before everyone was asking where is that cover) and I will remove it.
Southernboy wrote:.... only my opinion... get black/white CF badging and lose the blue/white BMW badges.... get a set of M side gills, remove the M badging and have the recess filled and painted over... Also a set of M mirrors and the headlight orange indicators to be changed for clears or get a set of the projector lens aftermarket headlamps.... Remove the liscence plate holder and attach the plate to the bumper for a smoother finish....
Definitely remove the roll hoops and send to me... I can dispose of them for you.... :D
Already got clear headlight indicators, just need to bake the headlights :) Don't like aftermarket projector headlamps, they look much smaller.
M side gills with shaved M badging are also on my list :).
What do you think about ACS sport mirrors instead of M? Different design, and looks like everyone has M mirrors...
License plate to the front bumper for smoother finish... I have to think about that, I believe that license plate holder can somehow decrease amount of damage in case of accident or when someone don't knows how to park the car before me or in case when I don't know how to park behind someones car.

Not sure about CF badging, I am afraid that will look "ricer" as there are no OEM badges with CF as I know. And blue goes together with blue on license plate. Maybe ACS drivers collection badges as Jonttt has? I already have roll hoops, wheels, pedal covers, thinking of fitting mirrors and steering wheel from ACS. Only that I want to try to add later some hamann pieces on car - side air foils, rear wing, front bumper with fogs, lip and flippers, maybe something else... Not sure if that would be "politically correct" to add hamann pieces to ACS badged car. Maybe then I could change to CF badges as I hope to have CF hamann flippers.

About ride height - I will change something, but only after I will decide which bumper I want to keep so that I know the correct ride height. With current Carline bumper I could go lower, but if I will place M bumper with hamann lip then I am not sure if I can go lower. Right now I have standard suspension.

I really like the Carline bumper, better than standard or M, only that it is not ABS. I think that I like hamann lip on M bumper (ABS), but not 100% sure now if I really want to go hamann direction...

I am still keeping all OEM parts in case I will want to go back to OEM look.

Roll hoops will be utilised, of course, when I will drive by some good utilisation place. I put them in that place just because they take too much space in the trunk.
692DPG

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 692DPG »

Just de-tango the indicators in the headlights, otherwise looks great, good stance and mean look - sweet!
1997 (R) BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - weekender
Hell Red/Imola Red/Black Z3M leather - 2 door, manual
2005 (55) Porsche 997 C4S 3.8 - man-o-porsche
Arctic Silver/Black leather - 2 door, manual
2017 (67) BMW M140i - daily
White/Black leather - 3 door, manual
spurs fan in a coupe

Z3 coupe 2.8

Post by spurs fan in a coupe »

As said already clear headlights, maybe ///M side grills but also smoked side and indicator lights and black kidney grills, I'd look at the all black wheel options, maybe even a matt finish.
we expres: " He did hear the bells ringing, but doesnt know where where the clapper hangs".
Mac The Tank

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Mac The Tank »

Solves the tow eye issue...
Mac
Topaz Blue 2.2i Y2001 - only 16045 miles on the clock! (2011)
Update 04/14 - 18,702 miles
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Mac The Tank wrote:Solves the tow eye issue...
This could be the solution but we have fixed size license plate in our country.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Did some headlight baking...
Cooper01

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Cooper01 »

I thought the tow hook was a car enthusiast nipple ring :lol:
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Cooper01 wrote:I thought the tow hook was a car enthusiast nipple ring :lol:
That's exactly how I feel about it, not like tow hook for towing, but just some fancy thing... Took it out in the last picture just to shorten it a little so that it fits better otherwise it wasn't fitting very well:

Woody1000

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Woody1000 »

Nice looking car, I agree with the ride height at the front could do with being a little lower
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Thanks for kind words! I think there is some image deformation on the picture. Here is how it looks from side:

Ride height should be stock as I haven't changed anything in suspension. Still haven't decided if I want to put hamann parts on this car, I somehow like how it looks now. When I will decide which bumper I want to leave, I will lower the car. Even had a thought about another z3 for putting hamann goodies on and leave this car more in ACS style :) But what will I do with two cars?
Woody1000

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Woody1000 »

Go for ACS full race suspension I have on mine should lower the car by 40mm
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Looks good. I need to find it first :) If you see someone selling it, please let me know.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Regarding de-tango discussion... Not sure if I really like it... I hope I will also change my opinion after some time. Did de-tango a week ago as many suggested that it will look much better and many are telling that it looks better. But before car had some orange accents and after it looks less interesting and more like other cars. Maybe the problem is that "after" pic was made with iPhone... What others think?

Before:

After:
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

Personally I think de-tango looks better, but that dark cars really need the chrome-ringed lights to add a bit of interest at the front once the orange has gone.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

.......... and / or decent CCFL angel eye trims in front of the headlights... plus, headlight bulbs should be changed for ones that emit a white / blue colour vs yellow and the indicator bulbs need to be the silver variety or LED'S which emit an orange light... and the bumper lights changed to led's as also the side indicator bulbs changed to led's..... rear 3rd brakelight bulbs swapped for LED's and the rear reverse, indicator and brake lights also LED units.... however with the advent of the new'ish Cree technology lighting, I may be having a look at that next... :D
"Normal is overrated"

deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Southernboy wrote:.......... and / or decent CCFL angel eye trims in front of the headlights... plus, headlight bulbs should be changed for ones that emit a white / blue colour vs yellow and the indicator bulbs need to be the silver variety or LED'S which emit an orange light... and the bumper lights changed to led's as also the side indicator bulbs changed to led's..... rear 3rd brakelight bulbs swapped for LED's and the rear reverse, indicator and brake lights also LED units.... however with the advent of the new'ish Cree technology lighting, I may be having a look at that next... :D
Sorry, but angel eyes is so 2000. And high temp (blue) lights are cheap ricer. 4700K is maximum I would agree on, maybe 5200K. LED lights in rear units?! Are you crazy!? Want to catch first car in your back when it's raining? I believe z3 is a classic car or it will soon be and we should respect it accordingly, not like some JDM car for teens. What's next? Leds in the wheels, light under the floor and http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Laser-LED- ... 4864583248 ? Sorry, I don't want to put cheap chineese **** on my car (even that tow hook will have to go away at some point).
BladeRunner919 wrote:Personally I think de-tango looks better, but that dark cars really need the chrome-ringed lights to add a bit of interest at the front once the orange has gone.
I don't like chrome-ringed lights, IMO they look like cheap blings. Maybe I will put back orange indicators later. I like white indicator repeaters though.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

...... you obviously don't know how far LED lighting has come... LED's are either on or off... ie. they don't have a filament to heat up before realising full brightness. Also, LED's are a lot brighter than filament bulbs, they will outlast your life and the car's usable life... around 20,000 hours... you'll be dead before you use up that ammount of time driving with lights on...
LED's come on instantly when the current comes through and they achieve instant full brightness. The new multi LED lights are designed to disperse the light through perspex lenses so there is no longer the issue of LED light being visible in a narrow cone from it's point of origin. LED's consume less power and therefore place less strain on the alternator and hence the motor to drive the alternator.
Modern cars are being fitted with LED Headlamp, foglamp, indicator and side lights... Repalcement lights are few... in fact the new Cree technology makes for around 130 times more light from a single LED than the older LED technology... Whether it's raining or not, these lights are more visible than the old filament bulbs, and because they are practically indestructible, you can at least be sure you have tail / brake lights.... and with the new Cree technology as fitted to the modern BMW's, Mercs etc ... you can use an 8 watt fitting instead of a 60 watt bulb that's a staggering 104 watts off the power requirement from just 2 foglights or headlights... You could drive another headunit with that and still have change to spare.... now start adding up the watts your OEM technology is using and if you're driving at night, it'll be in the region of 650+ watts.... which equates to losing over 1/2 horsepower from the motor... and that is all being used plus the fuel to drive your alternator.. So, apart from the old tech filament bulbs providing less bang for your buck in life expectancy, it's costing you more for that less... so although it may seem cheap ( which it is ) it's actually a lot more expensive than LED equivalents.

The bling ain't your thing.... that's a personal preference and I can understand that... Personally I don't think chrome ringed headlamps constitute bling... it's an alternative to the otherwise quite plain non ringed lights which although plain are unobtrusively invisible too... The Z3 was produced in various guises, one of which was termed "Chromline"... others were the "Individual" and the "Sport"... all were and are OEM Z3's... More importantly, it is in the nature of some to want to add their personal identity to their cars, since they feel their cars are more than just a box with 4 wheels at the corners... there are people on this forum who have quite considerable emotional attachment to their cars and would not hesitate to add some little personal signature as an indication of their relationship to the car... even if it's but a name. Bling can be anything from the brand of wheels you have the tyres you love the tread pattern on to the chrome tips on the tail pipes or the style of gearknob you prefer... and if all this sounds too much, then ignore it and restore your car to 100% OEM as per it's build spec... or stand together with all the lovers of their own version of bling who are also the majority of the members here...
As an aside, personally I would lose the Cerise nipple ring attached to your front bumper... but hey, if you're OK with it... keep it there... you might have had one on the butt too :D
"Normal is overrated"

deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

I will loose that nipple ring as soon as I will replace the bumper (still needs some work to do).

I saw those cree lights on ebay and they were 6000K colour. That is bad. My english is not so good to explain this, but the thing is, that light with high temperature colour travels very bad through obstacles (like rain or red lense of rear light). If you will put LEDs in rear brake lights in normal daylight they will be not very bright. I know, because I had tried and I really didn't liked the result. Ok, you might put even a brighter bulb inside headlamp, but then it will be too bright for other drivers in clear weather even if your lights are adjusted correctly. That is why you will never see OEM xenon lights brighter than 5000K - the visibility in the rain will be very bad.

I still have LEDs in bumper marker lights since my "xenon days", but in daylight they make only one tiny bright point inside the light. I don't know how in UK, but in my country I have to replace all LED bulbs before MOT to pass it, if I don't have marked OEM lights designed for LEDs. There is some reason for that.

I want to try Osram nightbreaker bulbs, I had seen some good reviews on them. I will also install hamann fog lights at some point (with hella micro de lights) so I think I will have to leave bright white (LED and xenon) and go to the more yellow to match the overall light tone unless I will get xenon hellas.

BTW I have OEM Chromeline interior and I like it. :) Of course I want to add some personal touches to the car, but i want to do that with some "style" and taste, so that it looks at least like OEM quality or even better and these touches blend well with cars design and style. A good example for that is ACS roll hoops - I enjoy them. They cost me 10x more than similar chrome roll hoops on ebay or used OEM hoops, but there are these small touches like those black pads which makes them look 10x better in my eyes than other chrome roll hoops. And every modification I am making, I can reverse it - I am keeping all OEM parts I am replacing. I am even buying OEM duplicates if I need to modify OEM part so that everything is reversible.

I think it's easy to put some "bling" on the car, but if it's not very functional, it should look like a million $, otherwise everyone knows that you bought it cheap from China and that makes some statement about the car and it's owner (yeah, I know - nipple ring :D BTW it is on the car for about a moth and I think I already see some rust on it).

About angel eyes - in our country there was a time when almost everyone who had some old rusty bmw (e30, e36) fitted angel eyes, shortened springs with grinder for lower stance and thought they look cool. A few years ago there was also the same hype with matte black colour. Of course almost no one could afford painting so they wrapped in vinyl. I live in downtown and black matte vinyl wrapped cars I saw almost every day. That is cheap tuning in my eyes. Of course people from countryside who had never seen better car than first gen Golf still think that matte black is extremely cool. Everything is relative.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Do you have any real life pictures or cree technology led brake lights inside z3? Until I will see that I will not believe you, but otherwise I can change my mind :) In theory LEDs sound good, but in real life 30% of LEDs I installed in my car were dead in first week. The other 70% still work after a year. And I see that they turn on not all instantly, so there is some time for them to go on. Do I want my brake light to go on 0.2 secs later? Not sure. Also some internals of those led lights were damaged from heat (don't know what they are for as some LEDs were working even without some small parts). So I am quite sceptical, but I am ready to change my mind if there is some real proof.
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by gookah »

deni2s wrote:Sorry, but angel eyes is so 2000.
even though most new BMW's have them, and the car from the 2000's (the Z3) didn't.... :roflmao: :roflmao:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

gookah wrote:
deni2s wrote:Sorry, but angel eyes is so 2000.
even though most new BMW's have them, and the car from the 2000's (the Z3) didn't.... :roflmao: :roflmao:
Z3 is 1996 model car as I see it. Angel eyes were first introduced in 2001 on e39. At that time Z3 production was almost stopped. So putting angel eyes on z3 wouldn't be period correct as I see it, as angel eyes are only for the "looks". On decent cars angel eyes don't have a round shape anymore.
692DPG

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by 692DPG »

deni2s wrote:Did some headlight baking...
Perfect! :D

I am biased though - I have a red twin!
Last edited by 692DPG on Tue 10 Jun, 2014 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
1997 (R) BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - weekender
Hell Red/Imola Red/Black Z3M leather - 2 door, manual
2005 (55) Porsche 997 C4S 3.8 - man-o-porsche
Arctic Silver/Black leather - 2 door, manual
2017 (67) BMW M140i - daily
White/Black leather - 3 door, manual
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

.......... and the pink nipple ring has gone too..!! :sunny
"Normal is overrated"

deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Southernboy wrote:.......... and the pink nipple ring has gone too..!! :sunny
Sorry, not for long. Just took it out to shorten the part, so that it fits better. This bumper doesn't have cover for the hole, so the ring will be here for some time.

Yesterday found this pic on my friends iphone, somehow I loke it very much:
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by BladeRunner919 »

deni2s wrote:This bumper doesn't have cover for the hole, so the ring will be here for some time.
The cover is a separate part (51118398767) and only costs a few quid.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

BladeRunner919 wrote:
deni2s wrote:This bumper doesn't have cover for the hole, so the ring will be here for some time.
The cover is a separate part (51118398767) and only costs a few quid.
Thanks, I know, it also needs painting. Because the Carline bumper is made from fiberglass there is a hole, but I am quite sure that the cover will not fit. I am planning on changing the bumper to OEM M bumper later.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Installed ACS steering wheel and brake handle.

Last edited by deni2s on Tue 23 Dec, 2014 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Installed heated AC Schnitzer Sport mirrors.

deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Installed Simota CAI I got from member ('_')Z3. Finally my Z3 has the roar it should sound like in stock on high rews not the scream it had before!

deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

Closed the open top season this year. Will drive with the hardtop on until spring.

sviru

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sviru »

Hi mate!

I like your car. It is pretty much kinda like mine :).
You asked about some clues... so to my taste:

- change the wheels (black rims make wheel look much smaller) - beside I personally don't like this rim - it is to bulky.
- gills - i like M type ones much more - gives this unique look.
- Black matte kidneys...

Deni2s - i love the bumper!!! Is that CARLINE CM???? Where did you get it? Are you happy with this one? What about fitting? No problems? Thanks for anwsers right here!
I like the rear small bumper? Is it OEM?

I think the biggest upset - wheels... (maybe repaint centers?)

Ps. I am about to install angel eyes... but led ones only!
Idk if I should try to fit some in oem lights or go with PZII UMNITZA ORION V2...
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

sviru wrote:I like your car. It is pretty much kinda like mine :).
Just wrote the same about your car in your thread :D
sviru wrote: You asked about some clues... so to my taste:

- change the wheels (black rims make wheel look much smaller) - beside I personally don't like this rim - it is to bulky.
- gills - i like M type ones much more - gives this unique look.
- Black matte kidneys...
Got the M type gills two days ago, just need painting :) I agree that black rims make wheel look much smaller, but I kind of like the rims for now. Maybe the car should be lowered a bit, but I will decide about that after installing hamann lip and side skirts. I think I will consider black matte kidneys. Some time ago in our country it was stylish for certain types of people to style their bmw all in black - black kidneys, black rims, black lights. Didn't wanted to be associated with these people.
sviru wrote:Deni2s - i love the bumper!!! Is that CARLINE CM???? Where did you get it? Are you happy with this one? What about fitting? No problems? Thanks for anwsers right here!
Thanks! Yes, that is carline bumper. Bought it on ebay.co.uk, it was advertised as OEM M bumper, so I was quite unlucky when I got it and realised that it is not M bumper and Hamann fogs are not fitting in. And then I realised how rare is Carline bumper and that made me feel better :) I like the look, but I will try to change to M bumper with hamann fogs, lip and flippers and see which one I like better. The bumper is made of fiberglass, so OEM M bumper from ABS plastic might be more safe in case of accident. Fitment is ok, no major issues. Don't like that it doesn't have tow eye cover.

sviru wrote:I like the rear small bumper? Is it OEM?
You mean spoiler? It is OEM, but it is fitted without rounded side parts, so it is just the middle part. I like it, but I plan to replace it with hamman wing spoiler together with trunk lid to get rid of those chrome fittings for luggage thing.

Thanks for your opinion, I will think about that all!
sviru

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sviru »

Nice!
You have some great parts in your collection!

1. How did you get hammann side skirts? It is almost impossible to buy those.
2. Didn't notice before that there is a hole in the CM bumper... Can't you put original cover in that place?
3. I have just missed z3m front bumper for 150€ :/. I'm pissed :)
4. I think z3m + fog + hamann will be better than CM....
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

sviru wrote:Nice!
You have some great parts in your collection!

1. How did you get hammann side skirts? It is almost impossible to buy those.
2. Didn't notice before that there is a hole in the CM bumper... Can't you put original cover in that place?
3. I have just missed z3m front bumper for 150€ :/. I'm pissed :)
4. I think z3m + fog + hamann will be better than CM....
1. Sourced on ebay.de about two years ago. They were also for sale on this forum about a week ago. http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... nn#p385611 You should ask for parts on forums, there are lots of people willing to help without promoting that they have something for sale, but you need to ask first.
2. Maybe that is possible with some fabrication, but not like in OEM bumper. That part of bumper is not so detailed as OEM.
3. Looks like good price.
4. I tend to think the same. Already manufactured carbon fiber versions of side flippers and carbon fiber versions of fogs are in progress. I hope that CF will stand out a little more from black, otherwise it is all just one black piece if there are not very good light conditions. But we will see, how that all looks in flesh. Also got hamann fuel cap, but I will install it after other hamann parts.
sviru

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sviru »

I'll do that!
Yeah - I'm very curious how it will gonna look when you finish...
I must admit I'm not 100% sure if i want CM or regular M bumper...
Haven't seen neither of them live!

What about angel eyes? Are you trying something in that direction?
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

sviru wrote:I'll do that!
Yeah - I'm very curious how it will gonna look when you finish...
I must admit I'm not 100% sure if i want CM or regular M bumper...
Haven't seen neither of them live!

What about angel eyes? Are you trying something in that direction?
I see that you are from Poland - not far away from Latvia :). Actually the carline bumper was made in Poland (there was some sticker on inside of bumper about that). Carline bumper is about 1-2cm lower than regular M bumper, but you will not find a lip which fits carline bumper (not sure about lips for m bumper).

I am not a fan of angel eyes. I think they were cool when they appeared first time, just because then that was something new. Now I look at them the same way as on CD player in my car - yes that was really cool at that time to have that technology, but now I don't see the use for it. Angel eyes is the same tuning as replacing OEM genuine cassette player with some aftermarket cd player knowing that you will listen music from iphone anyway. And angel eyes are just not period correct for z3 and they don't add any value in my eyes, actually I am looking at that even the opposite way - it's devalues car, because it means you had to open genuine OEM lights to put some cheap made in China parts inside. In my mind bmw z3 looks very elegant, classic, expensive and it is something outstanding from regular cars and I don't want to spoil that impression with cheap parts. Maybe angel eyes is an upgrade for rusty 1.8 e36, but I don't see it the same way for my z3. Everyone will know that they are just some chineese aftermarket parts from ebay. Of course that is only my own personal opinion, everyone is free to think differently and do with their own cars what they want.
sviru

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sviru »

hi! Yea I get your point of view. There is a thin line when it comes to this ;)

I managed to Photoshop mine with angel eyes - you might want take a look > http://cdmods.neostrada.pl/z3/DSC00720_angel.jpg.
I think it looks very cool.

Carline made in Poland? They don't sell it here :/. I found it in Germany.

I'm still not sure about angel eyes. I would prefer buying new lights - rather than opening oem ones.
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

sviru wrote:I managed to Photoshop mine with angel eyes - you might want take a look > http://cdmods.neostrada.pl/z3/DSC00720_angel.jpg.
I think it looks very cool.
They do look nice, but I must say that OEM also look nice on your car. I would say - different, not worse or better. You are very good with photoshop :)

I like those big lenses of OEM lights, they do have that serious masculine look and they are somehow a little bit old school in a good way. Lights with angel eyes do look more decent, but at the same time the car will loose a bit of it's individuality, which separates z3 from many other mainstream cars. Genuine OEM parts usually are very high quality, not so sure that those lights with angel eyes will match that quality. For me they look similar to lights on newer popular Renault on Hondas hatches. OEM lights remind me of some american classics like this car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-dfVIjslGQ .

I think you should sleep over it at least a few days and not make quick decisions, these parts are not so hard to get. If you still have that wish that after few days - do it, you can always switch back. And sometimes we need to change something just to not get too used to the old look of the car :)
sviru

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sviru »

They do look nice, but I must say that OEM also look nice on your car. I would say - different, not worse or better. You are very good with photoshop :)
- thanks ;) this is my everyday job ;)
I think yu should sleep over it at least a few days and not make quick decisions, these parts are not so hard to get. If you still have that wish that after few days - do it, you can always switch back. And sometimes we need to change something just to not get too used to the old look of the car :)
- yeah I'm considering it for a year now... so ;). I must admit that I'm ssearching for things to change in my car. I think that I just got bored with the look. Thats why I'm searching... btw there are still so many options to do that can make z more special amongst others. Like mentioned before hamman side skirts, bumpers, lights, rims... never ending story!

PS. Maybe you have some nice things for Z to sell?
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

sviru wrote:
- thanks ;) this is my everyday job ;)
That's cool, because that's my Achilees heel at my job - I am mobile (ios) apps developer and I just can't create anything cool in photoshop, so I am using other designers work mostly.
sviru wrote:I must admit that I'm ssearching for things to change in my car. I think that I just got bored with the look. Thats why I'm searching... btw there are still so many options to do that can make z more special amongst others. Like mentioned before hamman side skirts, bumpers, lights, rims... never ending story!
Same here. But I hope that I will finish with mods soon (not sure it will actually happen), so that I can just keep the car in good shape and save the money for some other car project. I have all hard to find pieces I wanted (maybe only hamann hardtop, but it's available if you have money), most of them just need some painting before fitting, then I just want to buy a few more parts (bigger slotted zimmerman brake disks for fronts, clear rear lights, maybe quad exhaust, maybe coilovers, m50 manifold), but mostly that's all I can imagine of for now, everything else are just little things which doesn't cost much. Maybe headlights washers but just for completeness of options on the car (have electric roof from factory and onboard computer and cruise control retrofitted by myself).
sviru wrote:PS. Maybe you have some nice things for Z to sell?
Nothing much which could be interesting for you. Mostly I have standard parts which were upgraded. What I can think of more non-stadard is:
- black door cards (with titanic silver insert)
- chrome shifter surround from z3m
- carbon fiber hamman style flippers for hamann lip
- momo steering wheel hub for fitting smaller sport steering wheel
- z3m mirrors (I think I have bases for LHD and RHD)
Soon I will have refurbished AC Schnitzer carbon fiber 3 spoke steering wheel for sale and maybe carbon fiber hamann style fogs for z3m bumper. And as I will replace boot lid, I will have mine for sale - it goes together with fitted lip and fittings for chrome luggage rack and the rack itself.

Please let me know if you have something interesting for sale.
sviru

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by sviru »

deni2s wrote: That's cool, because that's my Achilees heel at my job - I am mobile (ios) apps developer and I just can't create anything cool in photoshop, so I am using other designers work mostly.
- Thats cool. I was trying to do some stuff back in a day on AIR (as3) but decided to switch to visual. Idk if it was right thing to do... Devs are gonna be precious as hell in upcoming years!
deni2s wrote:Same here. But I hope that I will finish with mods soon (not sure it will actually happen), so that I can just keep the car in good shape and save the money for some other car project. I have all hard to find pieces I wanted (maybe only hamann hardtop, but it's available if you have money), most of them just need some painting before fitting, then I just want to buy a few more parts (bigger slotted zimmerman brake disks for fronts, clear rear lights, maybe quad exhaust, maybe coilovers, m50 manifold), but mostly that's all I can imagine of for now, everything else are just little things which doesn't cost much. Maybe headlights washers but just for completeness of options on the car (have electric roof from factory and onboard computer and cruise control retrofitted by myself).
- hamann hardtop.... yeah... best thing you could do to z3...

- tbh I have nothing to sell :) Yet!. I would consider z3m mirrors from you - please pm me the price. Thanx!
deni2s

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by deni2s »

And wanted to know what do you guys think of the following photoshoped car? Like it or not ? (2 minor differences if anyone thinks about what actually has changed.)
Last edited by deni2s on Fri 27 Feb, 2015 18:28, edited 4 times in total.