New wheels

Post pictures of your car and discuss it here. One car per thread, and keep it on-topic, please!
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

New wheels

Post by stevov »

Found a very nice set of staggered msport 68's with new budget tyres. Much improved appearance.Image
gookah
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: New wheels

Post by gookah »

stevov wrote:Found a very nice set of staggered msport 68's with new budget tyres. Much improved appearance.Image

They are a nice wheel for the zed.. looks good :thumb:

Z3 2.8 Progress Journal (Mine)
Z3 1.9 Sport Progress Journal (Wifey's)

I have an element of 'M-styling' on my car, If that's a good enough reason for the manufacturers to adorn a 320 with the M badge, then its certainly a good enough reason for me..
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

Cheers mate. Just a set of uniroyal 245 for the rear to get
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Those look great on a Zed.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
ALPHA 3.0i Z3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by ALPHA 3.0i Z3 »

I can get a set of these ...was thinking to allow a refurb on mine. Now I know to get them
Who says size doesn't matter? After a straight 6 3.0 litre....Its hard to go back .
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

Had it out for a run this afternoon. Handling is much improved. The car likes the 17's and I think the additional 5mm offset each side on the front has had a positive effect on the pivot radius reducing shudder. The reduced side wall profile is probably an influence also. So far a win win change. Eibachs next. I feel the springrates on the z are a little to high. The progressive Eibachs should allow the initial softness to keep the tyres grounded as opposed to the stock linear springs sharpness. Fingers crossed but Scottish b roads are getting more and more fun. Not an evo but no bad. :)