Rayanne House, Holywood, Belfast

Mention the good and bad of your hotel and B&B experiences here. One thread per hotel, please!
BexZ3

Z3 roadster 2.8

Rayanne House, Holywood, Belfast

Post by BexZ3 »

I spent the best part of a year at this guest house when working on a project away from home.

The Rayanne is to me, perfect. It is run by a fabulous couple and the hubby, Connor, is a chef of enormous talent. All the rooms I stayed in are perfectly comfortable and most of them have been upgraded. There is a large 'honeymoon' or special stay room on the top floor with a small balcony, a huge bed, superb bathroom and generally just that bit more special. All rooms have a huge range of toilletries, tea and coffee, a few sweeties and biscuits.

Breakfast is divine! I've never seen such a choice of marvellous things to have, catering for all tastes. It is a two course breakfast, and I can reccommend the full Irish but also my favourite chilled porridge with raspberry coolis.

Connor would cook for us one night a week. And it was always very much looked forward to. Three superb courses week after week after week. They also hold weddings there, and private dinner parties. There are only ten bedrooms so you never feel over run. There is a disabled room on the ground floor.

A ten minute walk and you are in Holywood where there are so many restaurants to chose from. It is 5 mins from the airport and 10 mins from the city.

Although I was there for work it was truly like coming home of an evening. Connor, Bernie, Charles, Adam, et al give you a truly outstanding and genuine welcome. You know you're a guest but you feel like a family friend.

I'd go back for a holiday anytime!

www.rayannehouse.com
jj29

blank.gif

Stayed Here Fri 26th Feb 2010

Post by jj29 »

Stayed here when picking up OGII. Conor is great, very welcoming and did a deal. Mention the Z3 forum....

We had to leave in a rush on Sat morning for other reasons and therefore didnt have time to sample the breakfast we had ordered. However the courtesy, & efficiency of Conor and his brother was beyond compare....