5 Bolt Conversion E30 M3. :bow

Greetings Volker
Off course, the original conversion. With a little help from Franz S. :wink:
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Holland Harry wrote:
pierrez1 wrote:
Holland Harry wrote:Pierre, this pic is even more amazing! Next time I will post the pics of my new AC Schnitzer Z1. 8-)
Please, please show us the Pics :D :D
Something like this! 8-)
Wow, what a difference a day makes, huge improvement, Impressed Harry :bow
Last edited by Jet on Wed 28 Apr, 2010 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
senna

Z1 roadster

Post by senna »

NICE!!! :thumb:

And the 5 Bolt Conversion E30 M3 is the way to go, none of that 4 stud compromise :bow

Respect!
Engine Transplants by Night, Heart Transplants by Day. "you own the best Z1 in the world"
senna

Z1 roadster

Post by senna »

Engine Transplants by Night, Heart Transplants by Day. "you own the best Z1 in the world"
apollo

Z1 roadster

Post by apollo »

Harry very nice wheels those M3 struts are expensive :shock:

Come on Jet get those Hartge on these AC are taking over.

Harry from that picture i take it that blue is your favourite colour, even blue plastic seat covers :lol:
My Z1 is too FAST and my Gallardo is too SLOW
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

Harry looks very, very good, did now that there were already mounted :bow :bow
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

apollo wrote:Harry very nice wheels those M3 struts are expensive :shock:

Harry from that picture i take it that blue is your favourite colour, even blue plastic seat covers :lol:
Yep blue is the color! :colourful: The plastic seatcover is Franz Schaffers! :oops:

I agree with you on Jet! Show us the wheels mate! :drive Choose a tyre and fit the thing. :D
benslick

blank.gif

Awsome

Post by benslick »

Harry,

Wow, that conversion really happened quick! Franz certainly does not mess around. The Ac's finish your Z perfectly and fit so well with the deep sea blue of your car. Now I have my AC short shift gear knob on my car who knows what wheels i'll end up with :wink:
Benslick
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

senna wrote:NICE!!! :thumb:

And the 5 Bolt Conversion E30 M3 is the way to go, none of that 4 stud compromise :bow

Respect!
Yep the AC Schnitzer way I only used new E30 M3 parts to make the perfect 5 stud conversion! Ready for the next 20 years! :drive
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Looks very good Harry, I love seeing all those new shiny parts on the car :)
Open and close with German style and ingenuity!
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

Another pic to encourage Mr T. aka BZZ149 and Jet to put on their new wheels. :twisted: Come on boys keep up the pace.
Sorry two pics! :D
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

apollo wrote:
Let them have their 15mins of fame, just a temporary shift in the style stakes :D
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

All those new parts are looking so damn good, a shame to drive it :D
Did you decide for the original M3 e30 Brakes :?:

I see a Schnitzer steering wheel too. :D

What tyres did you choose Harry (brand and size) :?:
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

pierrez1 wrote:All those new parts are looking so damn good, a shame to drive it :D

Yes HH, you need to leave it in a Museum! You cannot drive with all those nice shiny new wheels and parts. :D
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

pierrez1 wrote:All those new parts are looking so damn good, a shame to drive it :D

Master Pierre,

I went for the original 280mm E30 M3 brakes like you ordered my to. :bow
The brand new AC S steeringwheel is fitted with the long adapter off course. New alloy pedals are fitted. And the AC gearknob is in, the blackline that is.

I choose the original tyres sizes like AC Schnitzer did, 215/40/17" and 245/35/17" the tyre brand is Continental Sport Contact 2 in the rear and Continental Sport Contact 3 in the front. Not ideal but the only option if you want to get close to the original thing. I didn't want to have Hankook, Toyo or Falken as a tyre brand.

The AC badges are still in my garage because I didn't decide yet if I want to fit the on my car. Further more their were a few minor thing repaired and upgraded. :D :D :D
Last edited by Holland Harry on Fri 30 Apr, 2010 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

BBZ149 wrote:

Yes HH, you need to leave it in a Museum! You cannot drive with all those nice shiny new wheels and parts. :D
Car are to be driven not to put them in a museum. You will see this summer howmany fresh stonechips my car has on the brandnew paintjob. :bawl: You should not drive your zed at around 150mph to Munich. :twisted:
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Many sleepless nights, but they are finally here :D , I Must say I’m very happy with the finish, they look brand new!, then again I suppose they should do for £2300 delivered :shock:

Let's just hope they fit OK after listening to everybody’s advice!

Last edited by BBZ149 on Mon 21 May, 2018 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

Really awesome wheels mr T. 8-)

I think this might be a nice job for the weekend to put them under your zed. Atleast that is when the misses has no jobs for you to do for this weekend! :D :D

Send us some pics when they are on mate.
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

Look very very nice, Claus really knows what he is doing :D
When are you going to mount them??

Show us some pics very soon please :D
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Holland Harry wrote:Really awesome wheels mr T. 8-)

I think this might be a nice job for the weekend to put them under your zed. Atleast that is when the misses has no jobs for you to do for this weekend! :D :D
Send us some pics when they are on mate.
Cheers HH, Hope wife has no jobs for me this weekend! As I have no money now for divorce lawyer lol
Of course picture very soon
pierrez1 wrote:Look very very nice, Claus really knows what he is doing :D
When are you going to mount them??

Show us some pics very soon please :D
Thanks Pierre,
Wheels where not cheap, but yes he knows his stuff. Hopefully fitted tomorrow but it might rain here :head: pic's coming soon :D
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Finally had tyres fitted today! My only only gripe with Claus is the bloody wheels came with no valves :head: these are not standard valves as the hole they fit into is only 6mm! and for the money I paid for wheels you would have thought he would have supplied them :evil:

So after going round half of Essex to get tyres fitted and having no joy finding valves, I had to resort to rip-off Elite auto's on the A13. So to fit my own tyres and balance including £9+vat per valve it cost me £100 freaking notes!! :shock: wouldn't mind but the valves are twice as long as I would like them to be!
Ill fit the fronts wheels tomorrow but still need to lower the rear, so pic's will follow soon.
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Hope you have some wheel locks too - Swansea's a pretty dodgy place. :D
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

felix wrote:Hope you have some wheel locks too - Swansea's a pretty dodgy place. :D
Felix that's why I did not book a hotel room, I am sleeping in the car lol
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

BBZ149 wrote:Finally had tyres fitted today! My only only gripe with Claus is the bloody wheels came with no valves :head: these are not standard valves as the hole they fit into is only 6mm! and for the money I paid for wheels you would have thought he would have supplied them :evil:

So after going round half of Essex to get tyres fitted and having no joy finding valves, I had to resort to rip-off Elite auto's on the A13. So to fit my own tyres and balance including £9+vat per valve it cost me £100 freaking notes!! :shock: wouldn't mind but the valves are twice as long as I would like them to be!
Ill fit the fronts wheels tomorrow but still need to lower the rear, so pic's will follow soon.
I hate going to Elite Autos, arrogant bunch of To55ers. I needed 6 x 42mm long bolts last week, quoted £1.95+vat, when I got there the price jumped to £2.95+Vat. And the excuse....there is more aluminium in longer bolts :?
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

Sorry to hear this mr T. :cry:

With this kind of wheels I would assume that you get special valves with the wheels. Maybe VolkerZ1 can help you with the right kind of valves. I would for sure give this Claus person a ring so he can send you this valves for free! :D :D Should be included in the price I would say. :head:
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

That really tight fisted after paying that amount of money, nice wheels though and should look the dogs when fitted.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Ill Email Clause tonight, hopefully he has just forgotten to put them in the box :?

Anyway, just a couple of pic's of the bad boy's fitted till I lower the rears and maybe the front another 1cm!

Last edited by BBZ149 on Mon 21 May, 2018 07:40, edited 4 times in total.
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

Very impressive wheels mr T. 8-)

How much you want to lower the zed than. Looks really spot on to me already. Did you put the Eibach on at the rear already?
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Holland Harry wrote:Very impressive wheels mr T. 8-)

How much you want to lower the zed than. Looks really spot on to me already. Did you put the Eibach on at the rear already?
Thanks Harry, and no I have not fitted the rear Eibach yet and the car looks nice and even front and rear now, so hopefully it will not look too low at the back compared to the front when the rear Eibach's are fitted :)
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

BBZ149 wrote:
Holland Harry wrote:Very impressive wheels mr T. 8-)

Thanks Harry, and no I have not fitted the rear Eibach yet and the car looks nice and even front and rear now, so hopefully it will not look too low at the back compared to the front when the rear Eibach's are fitted :)
http://www.bonrath.de/e/lc.htm
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Jet, do you know if you can get these to drop 1.5 cm?
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

BBZ149 wrote:
No idea, sorry. It says 1cm. Would you even notice the extra 0.5cm?
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Jet wrote:
BBZ149 wrote:
Yo Jet, did not see any mention of 1cm! Just looked at the photo on the site and looks like 2cm + :)

1 cm will be fine.
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

Those look really smart. Just need to update your sig with your new wheels next.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Althulas wrote:Those look really smart. Just need to update your sig with your new wheels next.
Thanks Althulas,
I was thinking the same thing! ill do as soon as rear is dropped :D
pierrez1

Z1 roadster

Post by pierrez1 »

Very, very nice :D
Do they fit OK :?:

And yes, use the bonrath's for the front and it will have a beautifull balance 8-)
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

pierrez1 wrote:Very, very nice :D
Do they fit OK :?:

And yes, use the bonrath's for the front and it will have a beautifull balance 8-)
Hi Pierre,
Thanks and yes they fit perfectly! Yours and other forum members’ advice has been invaluable in making the correct purchase. So thanks to all that helped in making the correct choice, as I am more than happy with them. :D

I have just ordered some lowering plates for the front 1/1.5cm lower, so off come the struts yet again, but while I’m at it I will also change the top strut mounts as there is a little movement in them. :(

Not sure when ill get time to have the new roof fitted :?
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

BBZ149 wrote:
Jet wrote:
BBZ149 wrote: Jet, do you know if you can get these to drop 1.5 cm?
Yo Jet, did not see any mention of 1cm! Just looked at the photo on the site and looks like 2cm + :)

1 cm will be fine.
I did the thing with the Bonraths, they will drop the front end of the car by excatly 10mm. But maybe first do the rear Eibachs to see how the car looks befor your put the Bonraths in. I will send you some pics of my car befor and after the Bonraths.
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Holland Harry wrote:I did the thing with the Bonraths, they will drop the front end of the car by excatly 10mm. But maybe first do the rear Eibachs to see how the car looks befor your put the Bonraths in. I will send you some pics of my car befor and after the Bonraths.
Good point HH, will def do rear first. And pictures would be great to see the difference :)
Holland Harry

Z1 roadster

Post by Holland Harry »

BBZ149 wrote:
Holland Harry wrote:I did the thing with the Bonraths, they will drop the front end of the car by excatly 10mm. But maybe first do the rear Eibachs to see how the car looks befor your put the Bonraths in. I will send you some pics of my car befor and after the Bonraths.
Good point HH, will def do rear first. And pictures would be great to see the difference :)
This is the best pics I could found. Bouth are with the Eibach suspension. Normally the 18" wheels should fill up the wheelarches better but after the Bonrath conversion and the 16"wheels the car has better stands! You already saw the pics with the 17"AC Schnitzers.

Befor

And after
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Holland Harry wrote:This is the best pics I could found. Bouth are with the Eibach suspension. Normally the 18" wheels should fill up the wheelarches better but after the Bonrath conversion and the 16"wheels the car has better stands! You already saw the pics with the 17"AC Schnitzers.
HH, I will try without front plates first, but I think I am going to have to install them as the Z1 seems to sit lower at the rear on original car! And the Eibach say 30mm front and back! Which I would have thought would have been 40mm front to level the car.
senna

Z1 roadster

Post by senna »

BBZ149 wrote:
Holland Harry wrote:This is the best pics I could found. Bouth are with the Eibach suspension. Normally the 18" wheels should fill up the wheelarches better but after the Bonrath conversion and the 16"wheels the car has better stands! You already saw the pics with the 17"AC Schnitzers.
HH, I will try without front plates first, but I think I am going to have to install them as the Z1 seems to sit lower at the rear on original car! And the Eibach say 30mm front and back! Which I would have thought would have been 40mm front to level the car.
I have lowered 10 Z1s and unfortunately the lowering kits for Z1s preferentially lower the back. Eibach and Spax seem to lower the back more and Fintec seem to do nothing at all.

Photo 1 (Spax 30 mm Kit) showing the wheel tucked in and too much camber)

One of the simplest methods for dealing with this is to do as Apollo has done and fit H+R E30 M3 coilovers. (photo 2) This is a beautifully simple solution and allows the use of up to 19 inch alloys (which I sold to another forum member)

A simpler solution (but I do not recommend it) is to use 60 mm lowering springs from a 51mm strut E30, in combination with 30mm rear springs and E30 M3 spring plates (photo 3)

Photo 4 demonstrates the difference between Mk1 Z1 rear springs (left) Mk2 Z1 rear springs (Middle) and 30mm Fintec Mk2 lowering springs.

Hope this helps. I am off to see Martini Girls now (sorry Apollo Recent rain stopped play :oops: )

BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

Hi senna,
Am I correct in saying the rear camber is adjustable?
senna

Z1 roadster

Post by senna »

Not on the Mk1 Z1s but on the Mk2s adjusting eyes.
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

senna wrote:Not on the Mk1 Z1s but on the Mk2s adjusting eyes.
Cheers Senna, I thought I had seen an adjuster on the lower wishbone! im sure Ben had his adjusted somehow on the early Z!
BBZ149

Z1 roadster

Post by BBZ149 »

The search is finally over for a genuine steering wheel. I managed to get a complete steering wheel for £200 delivered from Germany and it's in new/mint condition :D been waiting long enough and was lucky to get at a good price!

If anybody needs a Grey wheel, I might know a chap in Germany that has one for 200Euro but it’s not as new as this one.

Last edited by BBZ149 on Mon 21 May, 2018 07:44, edited 2 times in total.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Terry, you have every reason to be smiling in this shot, with 2 cars, 6 springs, 3 beers, 6 chicken fajita wraps (Thanks Fiona), 1 useless apprentice and 6 hours later, voila!! The Eibachs are in and feel surprisingly comfortable.

Thanks PV, HB, SL, FK for your input and Mr.T for the install. The OZ Futura do look impressive, which is a bad thing, because now you must consider an LSD, Brakes Interior refresh, a respray, the pimping disease has started, good thing your wife is a Nurse :bawl:

Nice one BT :thumb:

Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

The DBilas injection system is meant to give significant gains on the M20B25 engine, but not a popular mod. Stoertie do you recognise this car (ghost system?)

http://www.autoscout24.de/Details.aspx?id=br1hv2dtgfcq

senna

Z1 roadster

Post by senna »

For a moment there I thought the car on the left was my old Z1, Green with Gelb, Hartge wheels, 4 pipes! All you need to do is widen the dish of your wheels and put a Weisman stripe and lower it a bit more. :D

:cheers for the complement

Image[/quote]
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Nice wheels and nicely lowered as well!
Last edited by felix on Mon 17 May, 2010 09:48, edited 1 time in total.