Is this Z1 a current members pride and joy ?

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Is this Z1 a current members pride and joy ?

Post by ARoosterinaRoadster »

Hi all. I have been routing through some past images of visits to various Petrol-head gatherings and came up with this rather nice collection of Z1 images.
I rather remember it being a gathering at Tatton Park,Knutsford,Cheshire.
If my memory serves me correctly it would have been circa 1984.

Mod Edit: superfluous img tags removed
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Re: Is this Z1 a current members pride and joy ?

Post by Green Genie »

Hi ARoosterinaRoadster

Thanks for posting the images, I don't think I've seen that car, but I think you're wrong with circa.1984 as the car is on a "H" plate which would make it 1990/91.

Z1 cars weren't on sale till '89? I think...

Nice to see someone from the Z3 forum posting here :D

BTW: We've all at some time struggled with the photobucket thing, easy once you know how though :rtm:

ETA: Good news it's still on the road https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Green Genie wrote:Hi ARoosterinaRoadster

Thanks for posting the images, I don't think I've seen that car, but I think you're wrong with circa.1984 as the car is on a "H" plate which would make it 1990/91.

Z1 cars weren't on sale till '89? I think...

Nice to see someone from the Z3 forum posting here :D

BTW: We've all at some time struggled with the photobucket thing, easy once you know how though :rtm:

ETA: Good news it's still on the road https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Hi Green Genie. Yes you are absolutely correct,I was getting confused with the Prefix and Suffix years from way back when. Thinking back to the event that I had gone to see it was when I had my 1983 Ford Granada 2.8i Ghia X Auto and just before I finally sold it with 240,000 miles on the clock.

Photobucket is not at-all an initial user friendly site and I found Flickr even worse and those blasted adverts.
Perhaps the owner of H305 VCW will be alerted by a trusted friend and come onto the forum and yes it is nice to know that it is still being used and flying the flag for Z'ds.
Happiness is a well kept Z3 and preferably running with the hood down - weather permitting.
Green Genie
Sponsor 2018

Z1 roadster

Post by Green Genie »

Thinking back to the event that I had gone to see it was when I had my 1983 Ford Granada 2.8i Ghia X Auto
Now your talking my language :D l had a Mk 2 Granada Ghia Auto on an "S" plate (1977? I think) back in the day until it was stolen from outside my house.

The car was used in a robbery and was found torched near a golf course... a total loss, the insurance company paid out what I considered a fair sum, but I'd lost a car I'd become quite attached too, to say I was gutted is putting it mildly!

I also had a MK 1 Granny prior to this, great cars, apart from the rust issues that plagued most Fords of that era. I've still got a soft spot for those cars, always makes me smile when I see them at car shows :) real comfy barges.

Anyway this is the Z1 forum and I've gone of topic, that's nostalgia for you.
ARoosterinaRoadster

Z3 roadster 2.0

Hi Green Genie and to Admin. I know what you mean it is so easy and especially after a long and very expensive love affair when enough is enough. I spent nearly £3,000.00 on mine to rebuild the front skeletal frame that carried the wings and bonnet supports.

Mod Edit: Removed extraneous outer IMG tags again. R.
sfh3l

Z1 roadster

Post by sfh3l »

It is definitely early on in the car's life. Look at the chunky tread on the OE fit Pirellis and the lovely dark colour of the Nubuk - mine didn't even look like that after I had cleaned, de-greased and recoloured them!
Best regards,

Sam Lever.

Anyone who says money isn't everything hasn't found the right classic car yet.
Z1 - 3.0csl - 987 Boxster - Rolls 20 - '72 911T - 997 GTS
Black Sport Evo M3 & SG M3 CSL & Austin 7 Special - now someone else's pleasure
Blue 2800cs - now someone else's pain
Old cars - the original "Not for Profit" organisation
Independent Financial Adviser in Buckingham
My Financial Blog