foot pedals

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
ROBBELL

Z3 roadster 2.0

foot pedals

Post by ROBBELL »

I'm thinking of fitting aluminium sport foot pedals including footrest to my Z3 has anyone got any advise where to buy them from I don't want the M type as mine is a Z3 I remember some time ago one of the members had machined the footrest down to make it a better fit.
Robin
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Alfie
Z Register member

M roadster S54

Post by Alfie »

The dead pedal needs a corner cut off to make it fit the Z3, despite what the ebay sellers might say. If you fit the rectangular one, the lower right corner will stick out and probably catch the edge of your shoe.

Once again, Ben at Chromeline Design will supply you with set that fits, and if you're feeling useless, he'll probably fit them for you. It might cost a bit more than ebay, but you'll get quality parts that'll fit.

A.
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Ben @ Chromeline Design can supply them plain, M variant or other ones and can supply them machined to fit.

They're a bit of a nightmare to fit though as it involves being stuck in the footwell with just your arms and head and rest of your body out of the car, particularly if it rains like when I was fitting mine.

You will need to drill holes in the pedals to secure the plates and its a bit of nightmare or very fiddly at least trying to tighten the screws as you need to get you hands behind the plates.

The foot rest doesn't need drilling though - you should be able to just screw that one in straight in to the carpet!

Good luck
ROBBELL

Z3 roadster 2.0

foot pedals

Post by ROBBELL »

thanks guys for your advise will try ben at chromeline and then let you know how I go on Has any one got pictures of how it will look when its done
Robin
M11 POW

M roadster S50

Re: foot pedals

Post by M11 POW »

ROBBELL wrote:thanks guys for your advise will try ben at chromeline and then let you know how I go on Has any one got pictures of how it will look when its done
Robin
If u look on the M roadster forum under Last Clean of the Summer in Nov 06, u will find pics of my pedal install and modified foot rest.
[321 bhp. Das ist gut ja?
Nick

Porsche

Re: foot pedals

Post by Nick »

ROBBELL wrote:some time ago one of the members had machined the footrest down to make it a better fit.
Robin
My pictures of the footrest mod.

cowboybebop

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cowboybebop »

Looking very good Nick...

where did you buy yours from if you dont mind me asking?
Nick

Porsche

Post by Nick »

cowboybebop wrote:Looking very good Nick...

where did you buy yours from if you dont mind me asking?
They were from Ebay, if you search "BMW AC pedals" there are some available.