b@st@rds have keyed my z :(

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
lurker

blank.gif

b@st@rds have keyed my z :(

Post by lurker »

All the way from the aerial, along the door, through the gills and side badge, up onto the front wing.

Very deep too, there's shards of paint on the hood where the paint has sprayed up.

Grr.

images may follow if I feel brave enough
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
If it moves and it shouldn't, use Gaffa Tape, if it doesn't move but it should, use WD40...
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I had the same done to my 2.8, makes you feel sick to the stomach :head:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

So sorry to hear that Lurker.

Jealous to55ers :(
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

cheers chaps.

I suppose I should take some solace from the fact that they did do nearly every car on the road (on that side) - 12 in all. And happily I'm not the guy whose jag they scrawled 'F()ck off' on the bonnet.

So, anyway, I'm gonna call the insurance on Mon, but am annoyed - my 9 years no claims is protected, but that doesn't mean much if I change insurers next time. Haven't even had the car a year!

Anyone any experience on what sort of money it'd cost? metallic paint so am assuming each panel needs a total prep & respray - bonnet, gill, door, rear wing and new side badge. Grr.
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
If it moves and it shouldn't, use Gaffa Tape, if it doesn't move but it should, use WD40...
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

pics:

'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Mine cost £400 for door and bonnet
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
whiteminks

M roadster S54

Post by whiteminks »

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Hope it gets mended soon.
big cheesy wrote:'I nearly cacked my trolleys till I quickly tuned in'. Yorkshire Cruise 2008.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Makes me feel sick just looking at that, lurker. I'm sure it will fix so that you can't tell, but it just makes my blood boil that scum can get away with doing things like that. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hope it is all sorted soon. R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Ouch! :shock:

Try and take one positive from the incident....at least your stone chips will be sorted out :roll:

Post by Guest »

£750 for the whole side when mine was done last year.

Also, I am starting to find out that protected bonus is not really that protected at all. After excess my actual claim was only £450, but that is now affecting my other cars. Although the bonus is protected, they add an additional loading somewhere else because of the claim!

All I can say is get a price for a cash job first to see what it might be over you excess. It may not be worth claiming at all.

Si.
PVR
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by PVR »

Direct line is advertising at the moment that vandalism damage does not affect your no claims discount. Wonder how true that is, and also if other companies will follow with that one.

You are not with Direct line by any chance ?
garyw

Porsche

Post by garyw »

PVR wrote:Direct line is advertising at the moment that vandalism damage does not affect your no claims discount.
But it can effect the base price of your policy before your discount.. :wink:
Sly old buggers eh!!

garyw
PVR
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by PVR »

really? That sounds like false advertising then to me ...
shabsbmw

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by shabsbmw »

Oh no, not good, hope you get it fixed soon, and catch the Ba**tar** who done it.

Shabs.... :wink:
Magnetic force
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

So sorry to hear about this. Hope you get it mended soon and at a reasonable cost.
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)
Beregrac

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Beregrac »

SCUM! That's truly horrible. All the best getting it fixed. And catching the lowlife that did it. People who do that amount to nothing and suffice to say will never own a good motor like a Zed.
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

thanks guys,

btw, not with Direct line, but that thing they're now doing of non-fault claims not affecting your ncb helped a mate recently, lets hope aig (who I'm with) are similar. also, the car's usually on the drive and is insured as such, so hopefully they won't bring that old chestnut in too...

as for the stonechips, I haven't got any!! oh well, will see what the insurers say tomorrow, and have rang a bodywork mate and it sounds like I'll have to go with the insurers, I know it'll affect future premiums even though I'm protected, cos they still ask 'have you had any claims' but I'll cross that bridge...

b@stards. that's all I can say. At least the hood's still intact (this time..?)
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
bobz3

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by bobz3 »

Sorry to hear about your car, thanks for reminding me why I never take my car anywhere. The only places I leave my car are at work, gym and in the garage.

I did take my car to Homebase yesterday. I may be paranoid but I didnt like the look of some guys coming out of another shop they kept staring at me as I got out of my car, maybe I am a bit sad but I stood outside Homebase pretending to look at the offer posters and watched them leaving by looking at their reflection in the window. I am glad they didnt do anything cause i am worried at what I might have done if they did, dont really fancy prison.

The joys of having a nice car eh.... hope you get yours fixed soon.
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

so sorry to hear and see the damage done to your z3,it makes me sick ,i could go on but what can you say to sick people like that

re-other posts about leaving your car etc etc,i never leave mine anywhere except in the garage,its a shame to think you can come back and have some kind of damage done to it,so id rather not take the chance and take the fiesta instead

i mean why would you leave your z in tescos carpark and go shopping,you wouldnt leave a 5 year old standing in a parking bay would you :roll: :roll:
Justin Time

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by Justin Time »

sorry to see this, and i hope you have it all fixed with a minimum of fuss and future problems with insurance.
BMW Z3 2.0L Velvet Blue Individual Edition
maxman

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by maxman »

I bet you felt sick ,I know how I would feel.
This sort of mindless vandalism makes you want to inflict serious harm on the lout who did the damage.
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

Cheers chaps, the brief phonecall this morning to the insurers reminded me of my (self chosen) £450 excess. So I'm off to Sytners bodyshop today to get an outrageous quote to help me make my decision on whether to go through the insurance.

If Si's cost £750 I'd imagine it'll be around that plus the $tealer premium....

Although Sytner aren't an 'approved' bodyshop for my insurer (AIG) the guy on the phone at Sytner said they could give me a quote which I could send off to AIG to get approval if I decide to go ahead.

Basically I can't really afford more than the £450 so its gonna be an insurance job. Well, I can't actually afford the £450 as it'd be better spent on some mechanical works, but I have to get it done, it can't be left.

I'm also getting some ideas of good bodyshops from my colleagues as a backup.
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
PVR
Z Register member

Z4 M roadster

Post by PVR »

The only "downside" of having spoken to your insurance company is, that they will still increase your premium, wether you claim or not as you have "reported" it. Nasty practise of them ...
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

PVR wrote:The only "downside" of having spoken to your insurance company is, that they will still increase your premium, wether you claim or not as you have "reported" it. Nasty practise of them ...
no, actually I spoke to my broker, they only gave me the phone number of the insurance company! - but you may be right.

btw, after recommendations for bodyshops in Nottingham - will start new topic.
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

Just a thought but have you considered 'Chips Away'. I know the scratches are deep but I've seen some of the work they do and it's very good. Usually works out at around £70 per panel. Might be worth getting them to have a look especially if you can get a recommendation from someone who's used the agent in your area.
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

myredzed wrote:Just a thought but have you considered 'Chips Away'. I know the scratches are deep but I've seen some of the work they do and it's very good. Usually works out at around £70 per panel. Might be worth getting them to have a look especially if you can get a recommendation from someone who's used the agent in your area.
might look into it - thanks,

just been to Sytners (£2160) and a local indy (approx £700)

Just not totally sure that the chips away will be able to manage it - some parts are down to the metal.

btw, Lytham St.Annes is where I was born! - just spotted it on your sig.
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
big cheesy

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by big cheesy »

Lurker, sorry to see such horrible damage, Nasty scum bags want shooting. Has anyone ever heard of someone being caught and prosecuted for it in this country ? The only one that springs to my mind is the American kid flogged in Singapore for damaging cars ages ago, seems like a good idea to me. Good luck getting a decent price on the fix.
topfuelking

Z3 roadster 2.8 supe

Post by topfuelking »

one day some sh** head will do the same to them and they will then know the grief it causes :head:
THANKS MARC
looking for a carp fishing hoilday we can help http://www.carpfishingmayenne.com

ImageSYMPTOMS OF A BOOST JUNKY

1. You get excited when it's cold outside.
2. You fill up every three days.
3. The size of your grin is directly proportional to the amount of boost you’re on.
Ian_C

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Ian_C »

lurker wrote:
btw, Lytham St.Annes is where I was born! - just spotted it on your sig.
Off Topic :arrow: I guess that was at Lytham hospital then. It's been knocked down recently to be replaced by a sparkly new health centre.

Back on topic! :arrow: I'd give some serious thought to 'Chips Away' or 'Revive!' though bearing in mind the quotes you've had :shock:
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

cheers chap - on topic - have gone and phoned the insurance and given them the main dealer (Sytner) as my preferred garage. I'm going to pretend (to justify the expense of my excess) that I'm paying for an almighty valet!

I've always upped the excess to make the quote cheaper, and in 11 years of car ownership I've only had two reasons to claim, neither my fault, but both affecting my policy - an uninsured driver and this damage, so I expect if I hadn't have upped my excess I'd have paid much more in the long run!

anyway, back off topic, I was born in Lytham hospital and lived in the area til I was 19 (urgh, that's 14 years ago!) - used to live in Ansdell :)
Last edited by lurker on Tue 08 Jan, 2008 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
lurker

blank.gif

Post by lurker »

oops, faulty post on my part! ignore this meant to edit last post
'98 Z3 2.8 Nottingham
Robin

M roadster S50

Post by Robin »

Seeing this makes me want to pay more taxes to pay for more prisons along with much stiffer sentencing.
Actually they ought to be labour camps whereby if they don't work they don't eat.
Mind you I do agree that they ought to let them out early for good behaviour.... but only in chain gangs mending the roads.
Hope you get it sorted without too much expense/excess.
'High G' motoring enthusiast
BimBeema

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by BimBeema »

Oh dear - so sorry to see that - whoever's did this is SCUM! I hope u get it sorted soon and that its back to its shiney best!
///M_aniac
Z Register member

M roadster S50

Post by ///M_aniac »

They should bring back the birch
BMW Z3, the only way to build a true roadster

Image - The most powerful letter in the world.
Cloz wrote:There is something that will never change is my love for Z3
smartypants wrote:Conor?

With an M??

The World's gone mad :D
smartypants wrote:The Z3 rear is a great thing to behold ;)