How much do you like your Z3

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster

Moderator: Gazza

Bertie

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: How much do you like your Z3

Post by Bertie »

My Z 3 3.0i is the culmination of a lifetime's obsession with older cars . Morris Minor tourer , MG B , two ground up rebuilds 1947 Singer 4 A B ,
1949 Rover P3, Rover P6 B V 8 [a silly little car full of complex engineering solutions to non existent " problems" ]
1962 E type Jaguar , a real heart breaker and bottomless money pit
1973 Jensen Interceptor 11, The Black Country's answer to Aston Martin. A gorgeous Brick Outhouse of a car , huge Chrysler V 8 with a 12 mpg thirst if you enjoyed the performance !
1979 Fiat 124S convertible ,the car which MG should have built.
Now I have a 2001 Z 3.0 i ,[ Buggerlugs } bought from the the original owner with 200,000 km; mostly highway miles on it , with a file of bills going back to purchase .
A three hour pre purchase inspection showed no problems, the garage freed the driver's seat which was stuck in the fully raised position.
I marveled at the super clean underside with NO oil leaks , and bought it for a little more than the Fiat sold for .
My wife gave it the ultimate complement , " Just like a two seat convertible Jensen !"
Older son said " 3 litre Beemer , they'll have your licence in no time " younger son wondered why "Any one would need A/C in a convertible ?"
I think it's a classic in waiting ,handsome from all angles,sons both declare it to be " the ultimate chick magnet" , well engineered [ 48 fuses and counting , eat your heart out Joe Lucas } , fast, luxurious , goes like clappers and corners like I dunno what ,power top which is storm proof,etc etc
I could bore for Canada talking about this car
I do have a few gripes
The rear view mirror is too big , the interior is like a black bag , pathetic instruments ,non adjustable steering wheel ,only Germans could design leather seats which look as if they were made from Russian PVC .
This one is a keeper !
Cheers
Bertie

Gazza
Site Admin

M roadster S54

Re: How much do you like your Z3

Post by Gazza »

I love mine :D

Started off with a 2.8 back in 2005 and then changed to a S54 M Roadster in 2006, still got that car and no thoughts of parting with it :D :D :D :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage