Soft top

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
ROBBELL

Z3 roadster 2.0

Soft top

Post by ROBBELL »

my soft top is looking a bit faded its over 10 years old now. Does anyone know how much a new replacement one costs from BMW.
321bhp

Not specified

Post by 321bhp »

about £1,200 fitted i think :roll:
after market hoods about £500 but no zip out window
snoops

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by snoops »

Is it just faded and no wear?

Have you thought about THIS PRODUCT

it's worth considering if there's no wear.

I used it to dye my hood from "dirty beige" to green to test if I liked the colour, I would have thought if you've just got a faded black hood then you would get an even better finish.

I have had a new hood fitted since some info on THIS THREAD - (I'm the Guest on the thread) :?
Image...........No Mods...... I like him just the way he is
ROBBELL

Z3 roadster 2.0

soft top

Post by ROBBELL »

wow £1200 pounds is way out of my price bracket my roof is only faded with shiny bits around some of the corners where the bars are underneath, does this Renovo do what it says on the tin and make it look as black as the original colour anyone done this ?
seasurfer

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by seasurfer »

Hi, another product for you, mine was faded but i have just used autoglym Cabriolet Fabric Hood cleaning kit - vacumed the top first, then used the fabric hood cleaner, rinsed until all soap had gone, then sprayed with the fabric hood protector for reproofing, nice and dark again, much improved the appearance/colour and water beads, and runs off now much better.

Gill
[/url]
ImageImageImage
GazHyde

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by GazHyde »

I found that giving mine a good scrub (Autoglym 2 stage hood cleaner and proofer) made it look blacker than it was before.

Like you, I assumed it had faded and only option was to either use Renovo dye or to replace.

They need the same attention as you would the paint work. I tend to run the brush attachment from my vacuum cleaner over it once a week and that helps.

Gary
Wrinkley

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Wrinkley »

Thumbs up for RENOVO comes in 3 stages,

Cleaner......Recolour.......Waterproofer.

Comes up like new

Steve