New Disks and Pads - Z3 2.8 Auto

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
z3ddie

Z3 roadster 2.8

New Disks and Pads - Z3 2.8 Auto

Post by z3ddie »

Searched for this but does anyone have any suggestions to a decent set of all round replacements or do you suggest the stealer?

Thanks in advance

Z3ddie
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: New Disks and Pads - Z3 2.8 Auto

Post by Gazza »

Try GSF or Euro car parts, good prices for replacements
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

I have recently fitted EBC Redstuff pads from EBC Direct for about £64, and Zimmermann drilled discs from GSF for £100. From experience on our Golf TDI - which has far less engine braking than the Z3 - the pads last for about 40k miles and the discs about 90k.

The current Redstuff work really well even when cold, and even better no matter how hot they are.
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
bowei001

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by bowei001 »

We fitted Mintex discs & pads all round and have found then perfectly OK for general use on our 2.0. We bought boxed sets containing both discs & pads off a supplier on ebay. Make sure that you get genuine Mintex discs and Mintex pads not discs & Mintex pads which are also being sold but quite a lot cheaper.
cooknerkid

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by cooknerkid »

I always have a look on a Well Known Auction Site-- I managed to get a pair of rear discs from Knights BMW up north somewhere for £49.90 , in a BMW box brand new. and delivered to my home address.