alutec m wheels (acs type 2 reps)

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Amz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

alutec m wheels (acs type 2 reps)

Post by Amz »

Heyy,

Im goin to have a look at some alutec m wheels acs type 2 reps on monday.

They are 18inches with et35 all round as advised by seller with 18 225 40 tyres all round

im assumin they are 8.5 ej

Im hopin they like the ones naeem used to have on his car, does anyone on here have them?

Will these fit on directly on a z3 2.2 2001

Any tips for the viewing?

Thanks Amz
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: alutec m wheels (acs type 2 reps)

Post by TitanTim »

If the alloys are ET35 and are are PCD5x120 with centre bore 72.5mm they should fit OK.

Depending on your budget there was a set of refurbished genuine AC Schnitzer Type 3 racing split rims on e-bay last week, starting bid was £700 but they didn't sell so might be worth making an offer. The seller sent me some pics and they looked good as new, hadn't been used since refurb. Bearing in mind these aren't made anymore and cost new £800 a rim they would be a good buy. I only passed on them as I was after some narrower alloys for winter and already have the Type 3 one piece on the Zed :)

PM me if you want the sellers e-mail address.

Tim.
2001 Z3 1.9 Roadster Sport - 2012 Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

Just check on the width of the fronts mine are 8 inch with a 35 offset and have the same tyre sizes and they sit pretty flush with the arch.

8.5 width may stick out slightly but it's only half an inch?

Rears will be fine and you could use spacers to push them out a bit. I have 9 inch on the back with 5mm spacers but the tyres are 255 wide.

Overall I think you should be fine and they are a great set of wheels that really suit any zed :-)
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I used to have 8.5's on my 2.8 with et35, fit ok
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

8.5 width, ET36, 225/40 fronts, 255/35 rears.

Tim.
Amz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Amz »

thanks for all your help and advice once again :)

im also going measure up the lip, in hope its 1.5inch :)

:)
Amz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Amz »

TitanTim wrote:8.5 width, ET36, 225/40 fronts, 255/35 rears.

Tim.
Hey Tim,

Ive just picked up the wheels today. The details are 8.5j all round with Et35.
Front tyres are 225/40 and rears 255/35. So very similar to yours spec. Also they were wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza's with 5-7mm thread.

Also from your pic i see the fronts sit very nicely in line with the arches but the rears will need spacers to push it in line. Not much but maybe 5mm-10mm spacers?

Also i will need to buy some centre caps :) as these are Alutec, i think it will be 60mm caps.

Im happy to have picked up a rare set of wheels as these dont come up for sale much in such amazing condition :)

cant wait to have them on the car, will post pics 8-)

Again thanks to all for their help :)

Amz
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

Amz wrote:
TitanTim wrote:8.5 width, ET36, 225/40 fronts, 255/35 rears.

Tim.
Hey Tim,

Ive just picked up the wheels today. The details are 8.5j all round with Et35.
Front tyres are 225/40 and rears 255/35. So very similar to yours spec. Also they were wrapped with Bridgestone Potenza's with 5-7mm thread.

Also from your pic i see the fronts sit very nicely in line with the arches but the rears will need spacers to push it in line. Not much but maybe 5mm-10mm spacers?

Also i will need to buy some centre caps :) as these are Alutec, i think it will be 60mm caps.

Im happy to have picked up a rare set of wheels as these dont come up for sale much in such amazing condition :)

cant wait to have them on the car, will post pics 8-)

Again thanks to all for their help :)

Amz
Good stuff, will look forward too seeing some pics :lol:

I only put 7mm spacers on the rear, I could have gone for 10 or even 12mm but I didn't want the wheel flush with the arch due to flying stones, debris etc hitting the arch lip. I may take the spacers of the front to bring the wheels in, however will be fitting the RS alloys in the next few weeks for winter use.

Tim.
g8jka
Z Register member

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by g8jka »

TitanTim wrote:I may take the spacers of the front to bring the wheels in
What size spacers have you got on the fronts Tim?
2000 BMW Z3 2.8 Titanium Silver Roadster with too many mods to list :-D :drive
Click For 2.0 Progress Journal
Click For 2.8 Progress Journal
TitanTim

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by TitanTim »

g8jka wrote:
TitanTim wrote:I may take the spacers of the front to bring the wheels in
What size spacers have you got on the fronts Tim?
I've got 7mm fronts and rears on the recommendation of Rossiters when I originally ordered the alloys, I was kinda worried without the spacers and a wider 8.5 rim on the fronts it might catch the suspension on full lock so thought it wise to push the wheels out a little. I didn't really want to mess the tyre fitter around at the time trying the wheels with and without the spacers :oops: I also found with the ACS alloys and spacers the spacers can be a pig to fit as they basically slot into groove in the back of the wheel mounting face and then once slotted in you can turn them so the lug holes match up. I found with mine once the spacer was slotted in it was absolute biatch to align the lug holes up as the spacer was too tight a fit, had to use lots of brute force and only just managed it before the tyre fitter arrived. Not sure now I will ever get the spacers back out :?

I've ordered the RS alloys from RimStyle so hoping they will go straight on, unsure what ET they are :oops: but supposed to be Z3 fitment. Wolverine fitted a set to his Zed without any probs :lol:

http://www.zroadster.net/forum/viewtopi ... 32&t=24042

Tim.
Amz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Amz »

I believe the wheels I bought are the same spec as Naeems. He only placed spacers on his rear wheels so Im hoping there will be no rubbing or probs with suspension on full lock on the fronts. His were also 8.5 x 18 all round. Fingers crossed.

Tim, i take it your pics above are with the spacers?

Thanks
Amz