Progman help required.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Gordon13

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Progman help required.

Post by Gordon13 »

I got this from BMW cables and INPA /DIS etc all work fine

Progman opens up in virtual machine, and connects with the car. reads all the modules and fault codes but the CKM option is 'greyed out' and cant be selected.

Am i missing something obvious ?

Thanks
BladeRunner919

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Progman help required.

Post by BladeRunner919 »

I tend to use INPA and DIS rather than Progman. What settings are you trying to get access to?
Gordon13

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Gordon13 »

nothing in particular really, bit of new toy and seeing how it works.

all the info i can find refers to using the CKM option, which i think is where all the individual options are stored ??

maybe as there are no individual key options on the Z then there is no CKM ??
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Whilst the Z3 can recognise different keys and you can actually blacklist a key from starting the car, I think this is just a standard function of the EWS immobiliser system. I don't think there are any preferences on the car that can be associated with a particular key - it has no seat memory function, nor mirrors or anything like that.

The programmable things I would expect to be able to do are to change the odometer from km to miles, and perhaps change a few things relating to the later alarm (the early alarm is not integrated into the cars electronics), like what the third button on the key does.

I've never tried DIS or Progman, but I do use INPA. One day when I have time I will setup an old laptop for the purposes of diagnostics and put the lot on it!

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc