Headlight switch knob

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Headlight switch knob

Post by Parki »

Hi all, my headlight switch cover came off whilst travelling & decided to fit new knob & cover - following 'how to replace this switch' link , I cannot see the hex nut to undo it - the new knob has a metal insert which carries a thread & I'm wondering if my old one has been glued in position? Any suggestions as to how to remove it?
Althulas

M roadster S50

Re: Headlight switch knob

Post by Althulas »

Just turn the body of the switch anti clockwise to unscrew it.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Parki »

Wow! So how long have they been unscrewing things to the left? I was worried about damaging the switch itself - job done but what happened to the hex nut? Thanks Althulas for the gen.
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian4 »

Somebody must have been there before and lost the nut or couldn't be bothered to refit it.
It is a lock nut done up tight to stop the switch being unscrewed when you adjust the dash lights intensity.
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
Althulas

M roadster S50

Post by Althulas »

If I was not working away I would post you a spare but will be a few pence from the dealer, but any nut from screw fix etc will do you should be able to find the size of the nut on realoem.
If you like gaming with mature minded players visit our retirement home http://www.oap-clan.co.uk/
ImageImage
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Parki »

Will track one down - thanks for the info.