Is Cooper-BMW-parts.co.uk still running?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Is Cooper-BMW-parts.co.uk still running?

Post by lebigmec »

Hi everyone,
I've been trying to get some parts from coopers online for a week or two now, but each time it will let me log in, as normal, but once I search a part number, I get a message which says "closed for maintenance, try again later", or words to that effect.
Anyone know anything about this? It's been like it for a while now, which is a shame, as they were handy to get some parts.
Thanks.
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Is Cooper-BMW-parts.co.uk still running?

Post by Brian4 »

If you find the part number from Reloem and then give them a call they will probably be able to help.
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

The site has been like this for months, there are other on-line BMW dealers if you search, it is a shame as Coopers offered a good service.
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

Thanks for that. What a shame though, they were good. Ah well..
Can anyone recommend another good one?
therealdb1

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by therealdb1 »

Do you not have access to a telephone or e-mail?
I have always found their phone and over the counter service exceptional. The guys in there are knowledgable and helpful. You don't even need to know the BMW part numbers. Give them your chassis number and they will look up the parts for you then if they have to order the part and it is incorrect it is down to them.
Imagine trying to keep a website updated with all of the parts necessary to keep current cars running never mind those 15 or 20 years old and all the others in between.
Like eBay, just because the internet has been invented that doesn't mean you have to use it for everything!
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

[quote="therealdb1"]Do you not have access to a telephone or e-mail?
I have always found their phone and over the counter service exceptional. The guys in there are knowledgable and helpful. You don't even need to know the BMW part numbers. Give them your chassis number and they will look up the parts for you then if they have to order the part and it is incorrect it is down to them.
Imagine trying to keep a website updated with all of the parts necessary to keep current cars running never mind those 15 or 20 years old and all the others in between.
Like eBay, just because the internet has been invented that doesn't mean you have to use it for everything![/quote

Of course I have access to a phone & email, just like I have access to a main dealer & to realoem to put in my own chassis number & find my own part numbers when I need to.
I also have access to a supermarket when I need groceries, but you're missing the point. Internet shopping is useful because it allows people to browse & decide things at their own convenience. I may be really busy during times when shops or dealerships are open, I may just want to casually look at the prices of various things online before I decide to replace them. I may decide I want to do that at 3am in the morning, at my own convenience.
But thanks for your advice anyway.
Brian4

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian4 »

bmmimibits does have a list of some basic parts for Z3 but asks you to fill in an online price request for others. Still easiest to give them a call or email. Most bits I've had to get have had to be ordered in so price may vary and keeping prices up to date would be a massive undertaking and not that cost effective I would imagine.
The $ prices on realoem are pretty accurate so these could be used as a good guide and from what I know of main dealers they only stock service items for current cars discs,pads,oil,filters etc and anything else has to be ordered in either from uk distribution centre or Germany.
Sopers are still going strong so call or email them and they are very helpful.
Brian
3.0I Topaz Blue

2000 E36/7 Z3 3.0i
2016 F31 335d
2015 F21 118i
pingu

M roadster S50

Post by pingu »

I never bought anything from Coopers, but I did use it to find the BMW price for stuff. It saved me waiting until the morning.

The internet tends to be 24/7/365, but phones are only answered during office hours (if they are answered at all) :wink: .
Pingu
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

pingu wrote:I never bought anything from Coopers, but I did use it to find the BMW price for stuff. It saved me waiting until the morning.

The internet tends to be 24/7/365, but phones are only answered during office hours (if they are answered at all) :wink: .

Ditto
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
yalden

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by yalden »

I buy all OEM parts through Cotswold BMW. They are forum sponsors on BMWOwner and offer a 10% discount plus free delivery on orders over £20.
lebigmec

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by lebigmec »

yalden wrote:I buy all OEM parts through Cotswold BMW. They are forum sponsors on BMWOwner and offer a 10% discount plus free delivery on orders over £20.
Thanks, that's really useful to know. I will check that out.