INPA Help

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Lancsbob

blank

INPA Help

Post by Lancsbob »

Hi
Been trying to sort out my DSC fault lights.
Checked on INPA & replaced what i thought was the faulty sensor shown on screen.
I replaced Acceleration Sensor ( 27146781405) but INPA doesn't seem to have changed.
Iv'e cleared the lights but not been able to take car out for a spin to see if they will return.
Going from the pictures does anyone have any more info as to what to do.

Cheers Bob

Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: INPA Help

Post by Gazza »

I would think the car needs to be driven to get a new signal.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
NZ00Z3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by NZ00Z3 »

PM sent.
Lancsbob

blank

Post by Lancsbob »

Been told i need to calibrate the sensor.
Anyone done this?

Bob
Brian H

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Brian H »

There is an option in INPA that allows you to reset/calibrate the sensor, the car needs to be on a flat surface to do this. Have a look around the program near to where you were to get the readings shown above. The reset takes a few seconds to do.
Lancsbob

blank

Post by Lancsbob »

Brian H wrote:There is an option in INPA that allows you to reset/calibrate the sensor, the car needs to be on a flat surface to do this. Have a look around the program near to where you were to get the readings shown above. The reset takes a few seconds to do.
I was shown a way to do it using "Tool32" but i got stuck half way through, couldn't log in to DSC
I can cancel fault code but it comes straight back.
Are you saying there is a way to calibrate sensor in INPA?
Trouble is its all in German.

Cheers Bob
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Can you show us the options in INPA up one level from the DSC sensors page. The options to perform tests, reset adaptations etc are normally on the Activate page. I don't have a car with DSC, so I'm afraid I can't look for you, but if you post a pic, I should be able to spot it/translate it for you.

Cheers R.
Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Lancsbob

blank

Post by Lancsbob »

Thanks Robert.

I tried again & found

and did

but didn't do anything. Now looking at the left column the pointer is twitching around about a third of the green bar even though its a new sensor.

When i select "Compensation of Lateral Sensor" which indicator is it trying to alter, left or right?

Does the error code mean anything to you?

Can you explain what the right hand column tells you, i see its in the red but what does that mean?
This all started with 2 lights intermitently lighting (triangle & DSC)now there 3 lights permenantly lit (ABS), will this fault code cause this or does it look
as if there is more to it?

Thanks for any help you can give. Bob
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Hi Bob,

Quick translation of the error for you:
SD93 Drehzahlfuehler vorne links Anfahrerkennung v_vergleich
Roughly translates as:
SD93 Speed sensor front left Start-up detection v_Comparison
Which implies there is a problem with the sensor on the front left wheel. This will be what is causing the ABS light to illuminate, as the wheel sensors are common to both systems.

I'm afraid I don't know why the calibration doesn't appear to do anything, but you now only have one error, so even though the live display is showing an out of range value, it is not logging a fault code. See if you can find the problem with the wheel sensor and clear that error, then drive the car and see what happens and whether the acceleration sensor shows more plausible values.

Cheers R.
Lancsbob

blank

Post by Lancsbob »

Robert T wrote:Hi Bob,

Quick translation of the error for you:
SD93 Drehzahlfuehler vorne links Anfahrerkennung v_vergleich
Roughly translates as:
SD93 Speed sensor front left Start-up detection v_Comparison
Which implies there is a problem with the sensor on the front left wheel. This will be what is causing the ABS light to illuminate, as the wheel sensors are common to both systems.

I'm afraid I don't know why the calibration doesn't appear to do anything, but you now only have one error, so even though the live display is showing an out of range value, it is not logging a fault code. See if you can find the problem with the wheel sensor and clear that error, then drive the car and see what happens and whether the acceleration sensor shows more plausible values.

Cheers R.
Thanks for that Robert, hope thats all it is. Is there a a list of codes anwhere?

Cheers Bob
Lancsbob

blank

Post by Lancsbob »

Thanks to Robert T's interpretation from German have now sorted my DSC light problem.
Probably didn't need an exceleration sensor which cost me £80 just a LH Front Pulse sensor.
For anyone who has a DSC fitted car these sensors are pretty unique to these cars & the
only other model that i can find with them is an American 3 series so they are quite rare.
They also seem to be handed unlike the ABS ones, why that should be i don't know.
The agent i bought it off told me it was the last one in the country. Make of that what you will.
LH Front is P/n 34526752689 RH Front P/n 34526752690 They have Blue plugs with 2 pins.
I think i will be changing the rest over the coming months.
Of course i'm no expert in these matters & others may know differently, just passing on my experiance. :wink:

Cheers Bob
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Great news. Lets hope the light stays out.

Cheers R.