B pillar drains

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
dazthephot

Z3 roadster 1.9i

B pillar drains

Post by dazthephot »

Hi, can anyone share a pic of the B pillar drains? I’m chasing the source of water in the boot still.
There’s too much water for it to be the 3rd brake light and the aerial grommet is new. The left side is proper topped up and so is the battery tray. So annoying.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Re: B pillar drains

Post by colb »

Look behind the hood hinge point on each side you will see a metal well capped with a rubber trim around the edge, the drain hole in inside this, a tube runs down and exits at the bottom of the sill just in front of the rear wheel.
Picture in this post submitted by Vic-z3 viewtopic.php?t=36400#p342036

Best poke some wire down the drain hole to see if they are blocked, if you pour a small amount of water in from the top you should saee it drain out under the sill outlet.
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
dazthephot

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Re: B pillar drains

Post by dazthephot »

colb wrote:Look behind the hood hinge point on each side you will see a metal well capped with a rubber trim around the edge, the drain hole in inside this, a tube runs down and exits at the bottom of the sill just in front of the rear wheel.
Picture in this post submitted by Vic-z3 viewtopic.php?t=36400#p342036

Best poke some wire down the drain hole to see if they are blocked, if you pour a small amount of water in from the top you should saee it drain out under the sill outlet.
Thank you very much. I did wonder if it was there, now I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro