Automatic gear knob / Heater control lights

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Richieroo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Automatic gear knob / Heater control lights

Post by Richieroo »

I'm down to those annoying faults that you never fix......

How do I remove the automatic gear lever knob? I posted a previous thread about the indicator light for the gearbox and I thought I'd fixed but no....I need to take the knob off to fully access the indicator bit underneath. I can lift it (the bit) but only as far as the lever knob will allow, and that's not enough to sort the problem, which seems to be a loose connection. I've seen references to giving the lever a pull - is it the same for automatics?

Second problem is that the illumination for the heater control seems to have come out of wherever it should be. One side is fine, but the other side doesn't light up, and I can see that a bulb and holder is loose (I took the switch blanking plates out) but I can't see how you access the area - do you need to take the cheek off from the centre console?

TIA

Richard
LaRy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Automatic gear knob / Heater control lights

Post by LaRy »

You just have to be stronger. Pull the auto lever gear knob straight up, with much force. Nothing else. I know, I had mine loose a few months ago.
Access to lamps: Remove the radio and you will hav good access.
LaRy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by LaRy »

Remeber, if you disconnect the radio, you need the radio code.
And yes, my answer is for automatic lever. I also had a poor connection for the indicator light.
Richieroo

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Richieroo »

Thanks guys. I can see that more brute force is required.........

R