CD changer

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

CD changer

Post by Boosh »

Hi all,
My factory CD changer is playing up: I get a "no discs" message when trying to switch from the built-in player, even though the CDs are fine. Because I only occasionally use the Zed, I now disconnect the battery after use. I thought it was a power supply issue, but the magazine releases fine. Any suggestions before I have to start looking for another one?
Thanks,

Boosh.
Parki

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: CD changer

Post by Parki »

Hi - I had this problem a couple of years ago & solved it by dismantling the mechanism from its 'box' which fitted in the boot.
Sounds like the magazine goes in & out but do the discs travel across to the reader bit?
Mind didn't but I found you can access the cogged wheels at the rear of the unit & 'persuade, them to move - 1 controls up/down the other in/out - can't remember which? But it is still working fine. The dismantling is pretty obvious as even I did it.
Good luck.
Boosh

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Boosh »

Yes, I've taken it apart a few times when the ''carriage''used to get stuck, before I lived it properly. I didn't particularly fancy doing it again if it doesn't sort the problem out. I thought it might have something to do with the lens / it's mechanism. What you say makes sense, I'll listen and peep to check the carriage does go across.
Thanks,

Boosh.
stevov

Z3 roadster 2.0

Post by stevov »

I have one if you need it. 07904789509