Hardtop demist switch connector?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Dr. Wilson

Z4 M roadster

Hardtop demist switch connector?

Post by Dr. Wilson »

Hardtop fitted and I have a switch, but behind the panel between the seats, all I could find in the depths was the electronics block shown in the picture.

What's this for and if its for the demister I'm guessing I have the wrong switch (also in photos below).

If it's not for the demister switch, then what is it and where can I plug in my hardtop?

Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Hardtop demist switch connector?

Post by Robert T »

Switches are different pre-facelift and facelift. That is a facelift switch.

Struggling to recall the connector from the two I've fitted, but I didn't think it was that large.

The connector was taped to the underside of the metal propshaft tunnel directly below the hole you are looking at. We found it as we could see wires going in one side, but not coming out the other.

Cheers R,

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Just seen your other post. You need a pre-facelift switch. That might well be the connector, as the pre-facelift one switches the full current without a relay, so will have larger pins on it.

Cheers R.

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Dr. Wilson

Z4 M roadster

Post by Dr. Wilson »

Robert T wrote: Wed 23 Oct, 2019 23:50 Just seen your other post. You need a pre-facelift switch. That might well be the connector, as the pre-facelift one switches the full current without a relay, so will have larger pins on it.

Cheers R.

Thanks Robert. My logic got there in the end, hence the other post! Block was indeed taped up under the tunnel. Just need to source a switch now.