roll over hoops...

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

roll over hoops...

Post by Z3Jeremy »

Hello There!
Would anyone out there in Zedland happen to know?? Is it feasible to remove the rollover hoops from my Z3 and refit them to another car that doesn't have them fitted, it just has that ugly plastic moulding so maybe would need to use the moulding from my car that has the holes in for hoops to protrude from. Am sort of concerned about maintaining that level of safety and still utilising the draught excluder thing...

Any advice gratefully received, thankyou Jeremy.
NZ00Z3

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: roll over hoops...

Post by NZ00Z3 »

Yes. People have successfully retrofitted roll hoops to cars that did not have them when new.
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3Jeremy »

Thankyou NZ, if anyone out there has had a go at this and knows the lowdown that would be handy,

Regards all J
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

Read the rollhoop retrofit guide in the knowledgebase. All cars built after 01/97 have the necessary pre-tapped holes in the chassis. Trim is a straightforward swap between two cars, but the trim changed at the facelift, meaning that you have to swap all of it, including the lateral trim panels. If both cars are the same side of the facelift, you can get away with the storage box and turret covers.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3Jeremy »

Nice one thankyou Rob, yep you were ahead of me, just found it in Z3 knowledgebase - how to replace your entire interior. that covers it!! thankyou all. Jeremy
Z3Jeremy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3Jeremy »

thanks Rob found your thread with pics very good...Jeremy..