Tilt (Inclination) Sensor

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
baggerstorbay

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Tilt (Inclination) Sensor

Post by baggerstorbay »

Hi all,

After some flooding in the well in the boot of my 1999 Z3 1.9i, I have replaced the aerial grommet which was causing the problem, but the tilt sensor was flooded out, and looks done for now.

The OEM number on the one i've removed is 6575 8380 7469 and second hand ones of these seem fairly expensive on the bay, especially as there's no guarantee of it working.

There's plenty of others on there with different OEM numbers, some of which state they're for other specific BMW models only, and some state they fit most models, including the Z3.

Are they all the same, or I do need to replace it only with the OEM part number above?

Many thanks.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Tilt (Inclination) Sensor

Post by Gazza »

Put the part number into www.realoem.com and it will show other models that share the same part.

EDIT, that part number doesn’t show ?
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
baggerstorbay

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Re: Tilt (Inclination) Sensor

Post by baggerstorbay »

Sorry, I posted the incorrect part number.

It should have been 65758380746.

There isn't many that fit the Z3 so looks like I will have to plump for one of the above!

Thanks for your help.