FOR SALE - BMW Z3 2.2i Sport in Titanium Silver - £4250

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
RockyDave

Z3 roadster 2.2i

FOR SALE - BMW Z3 2.2i Sport in Titanium Silver - £4250

Post by RockyDave »

It is with a heavy heart I’m selling my 2002 BMW Z3 2.2i Sport after 9 yrs and 17,500 miles of ownership. I’m only selling as I’ve decided I need to “Scratch the Porsche Itch” and have bought myself a 987 Boxster – hopefully I’ll love it as much as I’ve enjoyed the “ZED” – if not I’ll be looking for another Z3...
Finished in Titanium Silver “Silver-Machine” has covered 128,500 miles, is fitted with the Type 78 17 inch M Sport alloy wheels with a “staggered” layout, the “electric” heated sports seats are finished in red / black Cameleon leather upholstery, the centre console has the matt aluminium finish, the car is also fitted with Air Conditioning and Cruise Control. As a “Sport Model” it has M Sports suspension together with a Limited slip differential. On the exterior the car has the chrome line trim option (windscreen surround and door handles) together with a white lensed chromed third brake light

Bought in 2013 the car has been always garaged and never used in the winter in my ownership. I have changed all the discs and pads, changed all the fluids (gearbox, differential and the engine oil many times over) fitted new auxiliary belts, replaced the fuel filter, all front suspension bushes and control arms and refurbished the type 78 wheels. The tyres are all Michelin Pilot Sport, the rears, fitted in 2021 have covered only ~2000 miles. The car had its MOT last week with no advisories and runs till April 2023; I have also given the car an oil service so it’s all set for a great summer of top down motoring

The car drives really well and has always been perfectly reliable and is very cheap to run and insure and even averaged 40mpg driving down through France in 2019. These cars were well-specified for their time, including remote central locking, electric windows and electric mirrors.

The Titanium Silver paintwork looks really smart but there are a number of stone chips, odd marks and “patina” commensurate with a 20 year old car. Otherwise, the body is rock solid, including the underneath.

As well as a full service history, I have the BMW handbook including the original wallet, two keys and have a copy of the original period sales brochure from when the Z3 was new. I also keep a spreadsheet of all work carried out on the car – below is a snapshot of the work:

• Refurbish the wing mirrors to ensure they are able to be able to be folded easily – alleviating the common problem of them seizing up
• Replaced the passenger seat belt clip – involved removing and completely dismantling the seats. Again, a common problem that is very time consuming to rectify
• Replaced all the instrument panel light bulbs – only a few £ but many a skinned knuckle!
• Replaced the air conditioning and alternator belts plus gave the car an AirCon regas
• Retro fitted cruise control – very useful with so many of our roads controlled by average speed cameras
• Terraclean Service” to clean out the fuel & exhaust system
• All the fluids replaced including the cooling system, gearbox and differential
• New front wishbones and associated bearings, anti roll bar bushes and top mounts
• Fitted an aftermarket front strut – brace
• Fitted new Brembo Max discs and pads to the front and rear axles
• During Lockdown - Refurbish and powder coat the Type 78 wheels
• During Lockdown - Remove, clean and rustproof the sills and the box section
• During Lockdown – New Michelin Pilot Sport rear tyres
• During Lockdown – Replace the cambox gasket, again a common problem as the rubber gasket ages it get hard and ceases to seal the cambox

Before I advertise the car more widely I would like to offer the car to members of the Zed forum (.net and .org) as I’d really like the car to go to a good home, with the hope that I’ll still be able to see the car at the Shepshed Watermill “ZedFest” – my friend CoolFlyer still has a E89 Z4 so hopefully I’ll be allowed to come along.
Any questions, either post here or DM me. Many Thanks! By the way I have literally hundreds of photos, just let me know if would like to see any more
Zed 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image
2002 Z3 2.2i Sport Roadster Titanium Silver
2008 E61 520d Deep Sea Blue
1955 R25/3 motorcycle
RockyDave

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: FOR SALE - BMW Z3 2.2i Sport in Titanium Silver - £4250

Post by RockyDave »

After over 8 years of great motoring and many happy memories Silvermachine has been sold to a new owner. Thanks for all the knowledge and encouragement from forum members over the years.
Image Image
2002 Z3 2.2i Sport Roadster Titanium Silver
2008 E61 520d Deep Sea Blue
1955 R25/3 motorcycle