I have decided to sell my Z3 so I thought I’d advertise it here first, in the hope that someone (or someone you know) is looking for a nice, lowish mileage, Atlantic blue, original 1.9 L BMW Z3. I’d prefer this to selling it on ebay, because I know she would go to a good home.
The car was made in January 1999 and is T reg. Its current MOT runs out on 1st September 2023.
I bought the car in November 2014. Over the eight years I’ve owned her, I’ve done quite a bit of work, some of it necessary, some of it because it was fun to do! Apart from the normal stuff like oil and filter changes, changing the spark plugs, etc, I have made the following improvements;
• New drive belt
• New water pump (with metal impeller)
• New thermostat – the old one had failed open
• New brake discs, pads, fluid and sensors all round
• Front suspension arm bushes replaced
• New battery
• New starter motor
• New fuel filter
• An aluminium strut brace across the front suspension
• A Stormforce car cover (included in the sale)
• Full cat-back stainless exhaust system - it has a nice burble now
• New Falken tyres for the rear
• Replaced the bushes in the driver’s seat adjustment mechanism
• Cleaned and re-dyed both leather seats using SCUFFmaster products
• New handbrake shoes and cables
• Pipercross panel air filter
• A perspex wind deflector
• A colour matched thin boot spoiler
• New power steering rack (fitted by a local BMW specialist garage)
I’ve only done about 6,000 miles in the car since I bought her, mostly on sunny weekends. In the week, she lives under the Stormforce cover under a substantial lean to on the side of my house in Wilmslow, Cheshire.
It runs, looks and sounds really well.
The current mileage is 90,364 miles. I have bills for most of the things I have bought.
The car can be inspected on any day, but I’m away from 03/10/22 to 07/10/22 so don’t ring/email me then. It’s currently SORN’ed
I’m looking for the best offers over £3K for the car. I bought it for £2.8K in 2014 and have spent around £3K on improving her since then, so I think this is reasonable. The car comes with a leather tonneau and the Stormforce covers, some spares and a Haynes workshop manual
You can contact me through the forum or call me on 07742 090639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to arrange to view. Happy to send photos to you if you're interested (they're too big to post here!)
UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
1 post • Page 1 of 1