Z3 Boot light

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Z3 Boot light

Post by mich »

Hi Guys, I have a basic question on my 2002 Z3 roadster. I just want to remove the bulb from the boot light, BUT I am now in my mid 80s and have only half of my sight in one eye plus I am not as agile as I used to be, the car is used very infrequently by my wife but the light is staying on all of the time and draining the battery so this would be the easiest solution.
From what I have found on the mighty web is that you remove the light unit by easing it out with a screwdriver, do any of you have any pics of the light in situ I could then do the removal. This is a temporary fix until I can book in at my dealer.
motco

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Z3 Boot light

Post by motco »

Mich, I have tried with mine but I don'y know where the switch is so I had to do it whilst it was 'ON'. You may glean something from it but it looks as if a blade under the edge will ease it out.

Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

The switch is in the boot lock, operated by the conical pin on the body. Often people mistake the plungers either side for the switch, but they just lift the lid when the lock button is pressed in.

The cover just pries out and there is a festoon type bulb behind that you can remove.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
mich

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by mich »

motco and Rob, Thanks for the info, unit removed OK the bulb was too hot to touch but is now in a safe place.