Had a bit of a spend up today!

This is where you can find out about valeting and detailing--washing, cleaning, polishing, waxing and other car care issues.
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Had a bit of a spend up today!

Post by Warrior »

ZYMOL SHAMPOO - like any other until you run out and make do with Turtle Wax or Simoniz. Then you realise how well it works with very little lather.
COLLINITE Cleaner Wax. Having been given a small bottle of Meguiars cleaner wax a year back, thought i'd give this a go. Here's the gumph that reads well.........removes brake dust, dirt, film, light oxidation/discoloration, oil, water spots, grease, bugs, stains, etc. from exterior auto surfaces while leaving behind a radiant finish and protective coating that guards against future surface corrosion-UV, road salt, brake dust, rain, snow, bugs and birds. So cleans it off and stops it coming back!!
AUTO FINESSE Rag Top Cleaner - new one for me. No reviews to speak of but their website features loads of pics of professionally detailed cars so giving it a go.
CHEMICAL GUYS Convertible Top Sealant. Got a bit carried away here thinking it was a bigger bottle than received. At £18.95 for not quite a pint it had better 'create a shield that repels liquids, dirt, stains' as claimed!
Will post some reviews/feedback in due course..........
TWO

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Re: Had a bit of a spend up today!

Post by TWO »

Have you tried em out yet? :) ……...I'm interested how you get on with the rag top cleaner :rtm: :)
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I tried the Collinite 845 yesterday, it was really thick like wallpaper paste and a similar texture, buffed up fine.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

Gazza, you should have warmed it up in some hot water first... It becomes quite liquid and easier to work with... :wink:
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Warrior »

TWO wrote: Sun 04 Nov, 2018 17:02 Have you tried em out yet? :) ……...I'm interested how you get on with the rag top cleaner :rtm: :)
Yes, bit of a rush job but better then others i've tried for the simple reason that it produced a lather that could be easily rinsed off. Some of the stuff i've used before soaps up like the Fairy Liquid challenge! Ned to cast a fine eye over the roof to see if any green areas remain before sealing.

The cleaner wax Collinite SS126 Cleaner Wax has the consistency of gold top milk. Not used it yet.