BM Cables Inpa problems

Advice and assistance on computer matters
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

BM Cables Inpa problems

Post by colb »

Since my laptop failed have obtained a replacement running Windows 7 and loaded the Cable drivers Inpa and DIS onto it using BMCables Discs.
Sees the cable and opens up Inpa to main menu, select E36 and try connecting to the listed modules and it can't open any of them, just get an error message. Same happens using 20pin and the 16pin OBD2 connections. Since the cable is recognised I assume its a software problem.
System ran ok on old laptop running on XP so running Inpa in compatibilty for XP ser pk 3 on the new Win7 machine.
Have deleted and reinstalled three times so far with same result. Anyone know whats wrong with the install?
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: BM Cables Inpa problems

Post by Robert T »

I had to have a bit of a fiddle with the serial port settings for the driver to get it to emulate an appropriate COM port. I can't quite remember what I did.

Incidentally, I did get INPA running on Windows 10, but the BMTechnic launcher program no longer works. Just run INPA directly instead.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by colb »

Thanks Robert, seems like my Com port settings are ok as I can see what looks like a default menu it reverts to when it fails to load the engine module in E36 modules and I can access the various task buttons and view what they relate to. Seems to me the system can't locate the Engine module for the e36 and open up the menu screen for some reason, pretty sure the E36 engine file is in there but not being loaded up.
System seems ok with cable plugged in but as one would expect you can't access the E36 modules without it being connected to the car if you try without being connected to the car you get a error message connection disturbed. Plugged into the 20 pin it just fails to load the engine and other modules in the E36 list.
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I had a problem with mine,it asked me to insert cable although it was inserted :?
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage