303 frabic proofer

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
PJH

Z3 roadster 3.0i

303 frabic proofer

Post by PJH »

Hi. Has anyone use this 303 hi tech frabic proofer on their z3 soft top. Brought for use after cleaning and restoration using reveno. Well reviewed but concerned that no matter how I will cover rear window rubber frame this bad boy is going to seep and cause damage... Likewise on the vinyl seal ant window sides and rubber trim at bottom surrounding rear of the roof where it meets the car body. Possibly being a bit overcautious but would welcome any advice on it.

Regards Paul
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: 303 frabic proofer

Post by Robert T »

I've not used that specific one, but I have used an aerosol proofer several times on mine. The first time I used it, I got some on the glass and it was an absolute pig to get off. Now I mask up using newspaper first. Lower the roof slightly to get it the back edge to protect the rubber. Feed it through the windows to keep it off the glass. Trap it along the windscreen frame. And use masking tape to fasten it to the beading round the rear window. It might seem a lot of work, but it is nothing compared to the work you will have to remove any overspray!

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I’ve used it a few times, good stuff.

As Rob says, mask carefully.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
PJH

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by PJH »

Many thanks Rob and Gazza. Going to paint it on rather than spray an Yep she'll be masked like a Xmas gift !

Regards

Paul.