"CHEAPER" COURIER SERVICE

Whether you are having a garage clear-out, looking for a second-hand accessory, or buying/selling a Z, post your 'for sale' and 'wanted' ads here.
This Forum is not meant for discussion, please do not comment on the asking price.
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

"CHEAPER" COURIER SERVICE

Post by Southernboy »

So being out here in darkest Africa and trying to deal with a postal system which is barely functional I decided to look into the courier option.
As anyone who has used a courier will tell you - they're not cheap.
I did come across a company which operates a little differently. They still use the well known courier companies at the source and at the delivery end, but somehow in between they manage to cut the cost by around 1/3.
I am just now sending my first package with them, so can't vouch for the effectiveness as yet, but thought I might post a link to their website for anyone else wanting to use a cheaper courier operation.
Here's the link:- http://www.postbox-courier.com/
Registration is free, and once you are registered, you will find you have post boxes all around the world. I must say, their website could be a bit clearer / detailed on the "how to" side, but I did find their custome support replied quickly to any queries I had,
Anyhow, for those of you who buy online, it may prove to be a decent cost saver on the postage.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: "CHEAPER" COURIER SERVICE

Post by Gazza »

I buy quite a few parts from the US and shipping costs are horrendous with the normal companies.

I’ll check it out :wink:
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Looks like they only serve to and from South Africa
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Southernboy

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Post by Southernboy »

I did think that may be, but then it also seems one can use the system to send from any country to any other country since the form allows for "collection country" and "delivery country". I will investigate further. As it is, I can purchase in the UK and use my UK "postbox" addy as the start point and my SA addy as the delivery point. I'll check and update here in the week.
"Normal is overrated"

Z3 Upgrades and Additions
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

The options I was given is only to/from SA

Click ‘how it works’
Gazza

ImageImage