TRACKER problem

Head units and speakers, MP3 and CD changers, GPS and SatNav, plus PDAs, mobile phones, Bluetooth, TalkAbouts...
davieb

M coupe S50

TRACKER problem

Post by davieb »

HI
I'm talking about the firm called Tracker, selling tracker devices for many years.

When I bought my Z3MC in 2005, it was already fitted with a Tracker, so took over the cover and paid for lifetime cover (£325), for the duration of my ownership. 13 years on, I thought it might be worth checking with them as to whether it was still operational.

In an online chat, I was offered the opportunity to have someone come to me to check that it was still working and to change the battery. I then spoke to their tech team who started off by telling me that I would have to pay for the service call. It got worse - the unit in my car is obsolete and has been for ten years! If I want to continue with the facility, I'll have to buy a new unit (£300-odd, but "as you are a 'member' this will reduce to £100-odd") When I complained, I was told that '"it's in the terms and conditions..." I renewed it by email and didn't see any terms and conditions. At that point, I rang off.

Anyone else had issues with them? Anyone else got a Tracker and not realised this?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: TRACKER problem

Post by Gazza »

I bought a car with a Tracker and was informed that I could carry on with the contract.

I was told the same as you, needs to be checked and at least battery replaced, cost would be near the cost of a new unit so I had a new unit fitted, like you I was told the old unit was obsolete, it was six years old :shock:

I needed the tracker to comply with my insurance so went ahead.

Recently someone mentioned a company called Back2You, a unit with SIM card that you can track yourself on your phone etc.

https://back2you.com/
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
davieb

M coupe S50

Post by davieb »

Hi

Thanks for that. Occurs to me now that I could have been running the car for the last 10 years, uninsured, in the worst case scenario.
davieb

M coupe S50

Post by davieb »

UPDATE: Tracker have agreed to come out to me and replace the unit! Result.
davieb

M coupe S50

Post by davieb »

Free of charge...
Fender2004

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Fender2004 »

Maybe seen your post?
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

That’s a result
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Phil

M roadster S54

Post by Phil »

We use Trackstar and you can track your car on your phone if you wish. It was the BMW preferred supplier when I bought my Alpina 2 years ago
Sapphire black/Imola red and black interior/ red roof/ S54 - the only RHD one made.

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."