Blinkers won’t go off

International forum for all Z1 enthusiasts
JohnW3

Z1 roadster

Blinkers won’t go off

Post by JohnW3 »

Both blinkers on my car have turned on and they won’t go off. I have had to take the fuse off.

Has anyone run into something like this? Anyone have any idea of what the problem might be?

Thanks,

JW
TJS

Z1 roadster

Re: Blinkers won’t go off

Post by TJS »

A sticky hazard warning light switch maybe ? The rear fog light switch has been known to stick in the on position, probably due to lack of use.
Jet

blank

Post by Jet »

Failing that, the circuit runs through the same relay switch (I think), just separate fuses (No4 and No24), check all fuses and the relay.
Last edited by Jet on Mon 10 Jun, 2019 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
felix

Z1 roadster

Post by felix »

Or an alarm system that's been triggered?
Stoertie

Z1 roadster

Post by Stoertie »

Hi John,

the triggering of the blinkers is very simple. The warning light switch pulls one port of the bilnker relay to ground therefore the brown/blue cable is used.
The switch at the steering wheel gives +12V to the relay for blinking right or left.

If the car is blinking to both sides I think it's a short to ground between the brown/blue cable from warning light switch to relay or the blink relay itself is the problem. You can test it by disconnecting the switch. When blinking stops it's the switch, if not it's a short beteen cable and ground or the relay.

Here is the scematic diagramm of the blinker section:
Z1-Schaltplan_Blinker.jpg
(62.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Regards
Michael
Men of steel driving cars of plastic! :-D

Sorry, for my poor english... schooltime is already a few years ago, but I try to do my very best! :-D

If you like, please visit Z1-Nordlichter / Leather Care / Roadster-Fashion.de

I believe I can fly... *lalala* Image