Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Moaty

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by Moaty »

Hi all,
My name's Moaty, I'm new here. I have a 2008 z4 roadster 2.0.
I'm from sunny Burnley in Lancashire
Hope you're all ok. I'm looking forward to picking your brains and joining in general chat
Thank you
Moaty

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: New member

Post by Gazza »

Hi Moaty, welcome to the forum
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
A Wicked Keeper

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by A Wicked Keeper »

Hi Moaty, Welcome. I'm fairly new too but beginning to find my way around. Have you got a picture you can post yet ? I haven't found a way to post them on this forum, not being that competent with the online gadgetry required. Andrew.
Moaty

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by Moaty »

Hi, no I've no pictures as yet, i did fit 2 banks of 2 usb's at the weekend under the heater dials and installed an amazon echo input so i have the stereo alexa enabled. I also cleaned and painted my calipers my calipers last weekend oh and i removed and painted my v brace too. I will add some pics soon, just as soon as it stops raining

Moaty

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by Moaty »

Here's a couple of pics, including the switched feed usb's. I was struggling with just the cigar lighter ImageImageImageImageImage

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Nice tidy install, my Z4 has had the aux socket wiring butchered to just leave a long fly lead with a 3.5mm jack plug for the iPhone .
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

ImageImage
Moaty

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by Moaty »

Thanks. I spliced into a switched live for the usb's and hard wired my dash cam to another switched live. I also fitted an amazon alexa input in so that has made a real difference and sort of dragged it into the 21st century

A Wicked Keeper

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by A Wicked Keeper »

Hi Moaty. Welcome to the forum. You're ahead of me. I'm an intellectually ailing oldie who hasn't found out how to post pics yet. Any advice ? (I've got as far as getting the pics into my computer ...) Explains the 1952 MGTD2 pic taken 1973 being used as my avatar which I could swap now I suppose. I'd like to get some in of my Z3. I like the idea of what you've done with your USB sockets for dashcam, satnav & mobile, presumably. I have an extension on top of the dashboard, but it spoils the line a bit.
Andrew
Moaty

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by Moaty »

Hi Andrew,

I use the tapatalk app on my mobile phone i don't have a computer. So you're streets ahead of me Image. See bottom left of my screenshot, i just tap this button and attach pics
MoatyImage

Moaty

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by Moaty »

I've hardwired my dashcam in, so all i use in the usbs is my amazon alexa (which I've hidden away behind my steering wheel) and occasionally i charge my phone. I like a nice tidy install and not having wires all over
Moaty

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

If you fancy doing a write up on you switched feed usb’s I’ll add it to the Knowledge base :wink:
Gazza

ImageImage
Moaty

Z4 roadster 2.0i

Post by Moaty »

Hi Gazza,
Yes I'll try. A friend of mine recently got himself a z4 too and he wants some help sorting his and hardwiring a dashcam. I'll see if i can take photos and record details of doing the job.
Moaty

Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Great stuff, thanks :D
Gazza

ImageImage