Z4 M40I-vs- Z3M

What's happening in the wider BMW scene? Gossip and news about forthcoming models. Plus off-topic chat.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Z4 M40I-vs- Z3M

Post by Gazza »

How times change, but I know which I prefer :wink:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/retro/ ... -z4-m40i#1
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Juvvajuvva

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Z4 M40I-vs- Z3M

Post by Juvvajuvva »

The new z4 is just plain ugly and with £50k to spend why wouldn’t you just buy a Porsche, a Noble or an S54 with 5k miles on it and watch it pay for your retirement :lol:
Z3crazy

Z3 roadster 1.9i

Post by Z3crazy »

Know what you mean about ugly. It looks like an insect. Furthermore you're sitting too low behind the doors…… only your head and neck come above the door. It's the reason i didn't go for a Audi TT, it just doesn't look right.

And then there's the price……….

Dave.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it
Z3 1.9 2000, Cosmos Schwartz
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

Z3crazy wrote: Tue 23 Jul, 2019 11:09 Furthermore you're sitting too low behind the doors…… only your head and neck come above the door.

Dave.

I had the same problem with an Audi A4 convertible vs a BMW 3 series convertible, went with the 3 series for arm out driving :D
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage