Help[! radio aerial removal Z3.

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
nang

Z3 roadster 2.8

Help[! radio aerial removal Z3.

Post by nang »

I've pretty well found that the poor reception of my radio is caused by faulty aerial or associated wiring.As suggested, I disconnected the coax from radio and fitted a spare aerial I had and held it out the window. I worked as well I would expect it too being only hand held.

Now can some kind person tell me how to remove the existing aerial from the body. I don't really want to drill any extra holes for an extra aerial. :(
Thanks.
Tony.
Adam

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Help[! radio aerial removal Z3.

Post by Adam »

This thread should be helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8613
nang

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nang »

Thanks Adam. Looks like I'll have to start getting bits out and see what's going on.
Tony.
nang

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nang »

I finally got into this. Replaced aerial in the same place with a nice chrome extending one. Still not working. Got a new 3 metre coax and hooked it up over the car with the hood down. Everything works great again.
Now how do I pull the coax through its original channel? It seems that the cable is clipped or otherwise tied to the present loom and won't pull out.I don't really want to drill holes in the floor and fix it underneath the car!! Help.
Thanks Tony.
nang

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nang »

All fixed and working :lol: With the aid of an old bowden cable I was able to thread the aerial coax from the back to behind the LF seat. with my same old cable I fed it through the trim on LH side of console and poked the extension coax through ,tuck it under the trim and join it behind the seat. Plug it in to the stereo and stereo works properly for the first time that I've had the car.
Tony.
colb

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by colb »

What extending aerial did you fit to replace the stock amplified one, when I was looking at replacing mine I couldn't find a suitable replacement that sat at the required angle. Managed to fix the stock one but its still not great.
Any pictures of your replacement?
Colb
1999 BMW 1.8 Z3
2003 BMW 2.5 Z4
1998 Honda Deauville NT650V
nang

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nang »

It is a standard (Chinese) one that I got from Supercheap Auto in New Zealand. I'll have a look in the shed and see if I can find the packaging.
Tony.
nang

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nang »

After a winter of unuse all my 3 camera batteries are flat . I'll recharge them overnite and try again tomorrow. this is what I got.
I'll get back, file is too big.
Tony.
nang

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nang »

file:///C:/Users/TonyS/Downloads/Antech%20Cowl%20Mount%20Aerial%20-%20Silver,%201.2m%20_%20Supercheap%20Auto%20New%20Zealand_files/SCA_135198_hi-res.jpg

Try this...bloody computers :shock:
Tony
nang

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by nang »

Last try then I give up.
Sorry, unable to post pics.
Suggest you google supercheap auto's if yo are still interested
Tony.