Torchlight?

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
mid life z
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Torchlight?

Post by mid life z »

Hi does anyone know if the z3 was ever fitted with the torch like those in other models and if so what would be the correct location?
Many thanks
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: Torchlight?

Post by Mike Fishwick »

I have never seen a torch supplied with a Z3, although other models such as the E39 Five Series of the same period were.
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
LaRy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by LaRy »

I have neither seen a torch supplied with a Z3. I've been the owner of my Z3 since 2011, continuously reading everything I find about this nice car.
mid life z
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by mid life z »

Thanks for replies. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm if ever fitted to any of the z3 range.
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Perhaps a torch WAS supplied for certain markets, but not for the Z3 in the UK. An example of this selective specification is the case of a LSD, which was fitted for some markets (ie the UK) but not for others, such as Japan.

If you get a copy of the build/equipment spec - from any dealer, free, if you give them the VIN number last 7 digits - I bet there will be no reference to a torch.

Why do you think that a torch would have been supplied? If it was supplied for any market, I would have expected to find a suitable cutaway in the tool tray- my Z3 was built in October 1998, making it a 199 model like yours, and there is no empty torch-shaped position.
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
LaRy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by LaRy »

I just remembered that I have a paper copy of the Z3 (E36) option code list, totally 6 pages. I can't find any torchlight as an option.
Robert T
Site Admin

Z3 roadster 1.9

Post by Robert T »

If my aged memory serves me correctly, there was one or at least an option of one on the E36 3-series. It was rechargeable and fitted into a charging socket in the glovebox. I don't recall it being an option on the Z3 when I bought mine, and i don't know of any wiring for it. Telephone was an option and there is a spare plug for it under the centre console.

Cheers R.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Arctic Silver '99 Z3 1.9 & Black '59 Frogeye 1275cc
mid life z
Sponsor 2018

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Post by mid life z »

Thanks very much for replies. I have a era specific torch so would like to fit if it should go in a particular position.