I am considering selling :( Need advice

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
Amz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

I am considering selling :( Need advice

Post by Amz »

Hello all,

Hope everyone is well.

I needed some advice. I am considering selling my BMW Z3 3.0 but wanted to know where the best place to sell so that it could reach the right type of audience and obtain a fair price. Not sure if selling through the common market places like autotrader, ebay, pistonheads etc would be that place. Are their sites anyone has used where the buyers are interested in future classic/classic cars or international private buyers or even dealers. What about approaching BMW dealerships directly?

Of course forums such as this is a good starter but wanted to widen my reach and exposure.

Any tips or advice would be grateful.

Thanks

Amz
LaRy

Z3 roadster 2.8

Re: I am considering selling :( Need advice

Post by LaRy »

European market depends on if your Z3 is a left hand drive o right hand drive. In all countries driving to the right, a right hand drive is totally dead. Price level is half.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

I would give autotrader a go, eBay is for people looking for a steal IMO
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

If you have space, keep it - a Z3 will never be worth less than it is now.
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
Amz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Amz »

LaRy wrote: Thu 13 Aug, 2020 18:53 European market depends on if your Z3 is a left hand drive o right hand drive. In all countries driving to the right, a right hand drive is totally dead. Price level is half.

Thanks, useful to know :)
Amz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Amz »

Gazza wrote: Thu 13 Aug, 2020 21:21 I would give autotrader a go, eBay is for people looking for a steal IMO
Thank you. I'll start with the forums then move onto autotrader but may try my luck on facebook marketplace too.
Amz

Z3 roadster 2.2i

Post by Amz »

Mike Fishwick wrote: Fri 14 Aug, 2020 09:33 If you have space, keep it - a Z3 will never be worth less than it is now.

I'd love to keep her but don't get to drive her much and don't have the space else I would keep her for life. Turns heads all the time I take her out.
She has a good spec and rare parts fitted such as the full aerodynamic kit from factory and ACS wheels, hoops, suspension etc.

Sad times :(
Mike Fishwick

Z3 roadster 2.8

Post by Mike Fishwick »

Condition is more important than goodies - particularly the underside, which really tells potential buyers how the car has been looked after.

What do you mean by Factory Aerodynamic Kit? All the UK-market 3 litre cars had the 'Sports' equipment, which included a small spoiler lip befow the front apron - not very aerodynamic, or something to decide a purchase, although the ACS wheels would probably be a decider.

Detailed cleanliness is probably the most important factor to swing a deal, which always requires several cleaning sessions, but is worth the trouble.

I bet you will regret selling your car, as such good packages are just not manufactured any more - or likely to made again. Good luck!
A Z3 is not just for Christmas - it's for life!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Post by Gazza »

You could advertise it on our Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6083538 ... ?ref=share
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage