Search says vehicle should be another colour?

Idle chit-chat and banter. Let your hair down, but remember there are kids about!
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Search says vehicle should be another colour?

Post by Warrior »

I've put this here in the lounge as it's not Z related but thought someone might have an answer?

I went to view a used van recently, and paid £8.99 for a fairly detailed online search, MOT's, Insurance issues etc., and it said that the colour should be white.

The van would have been built as a flatbed, with just the framework on the back, ready to take the bespoke 'box' body. Both the box and the cab have been completely wrapped in black vinyl but looking at the door jambs on the cab, they are metallic grey (original paint), not white at all?

It's highly likely that the box would have been manufactured in white, but wouldn't the registered colour be determined prior to any additions?

PS: I checked the vin number and it ties up with the information I received.
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Search says vehicle should be another colour?

Post by Gazza »

I’d walk away, sounds dodgy.

As it’s a cab & chassis which part would hold the VIN ? Maybe it’s had a cab change.
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Warrior

Z3 roadster 3.0i

Re: Search says vehicle should be another colour?

Post by Warrior »

Cheers Gazza, I have walked away...... 8-) The price wasn't right. Somewhat underpriced when compared to similar vehicles, which contributed to my caution.

The box on the back was a bespoke Exhibition one built by a renowned manufacturer on a lowered chassis, kitted out accordingly with steps up to double doors, heating, lighting etc.,

So pretty sure the Vin is for the cab.