Central Locking Not Working

UK forum for general and technical discussion about the Z3 roadster
baggerstorbay

Z3 roadster 1.8 TU

Central Locking Not Working

Post by baggerstorbay »

Hi all,

The central locking on my Z3 hasn't worked for quite a while.

I've had the usual water ingress in the boot, so I've replaced the ariel grommet, drained all of the water in the passenger side well where the tilt sensor (inclination indicator) is. The tilt sensor looked like it was shot, as it was submerged in water, so I've replaced that, as well as the 6 pin plug that clips into it.

I've also done the boot wiring loom, having checked for splits and bare wires etc. and all is ok there.

Is there any other 'simple' fixes that I could try to try and get the central locking working again?

I've also replaced the battery in the keyfob, but it doesn't interact with the car at all, I can't even get it to turn on the interior light from the keyfob!

Many thanks!
Gazza

M roadster S54

Re: Central Locking Not Working

Post by Gazza »

Give this a read, it may help.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17528
Gazza

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you"

Z3 S54 M roadster Image, BMW Z1, BMW M3 CSL, Z4M Coupe
ImageImage
Jonco

Z3 roadster 1.9

Re: Central Locking Not Working

Post by Jonco »

baggerstorbay wrote: Mon 07 Dec, 2020 16:51
Is there any other 'simple' fixes that I could try to try and get the central locking working again?

I've also replaced the battery in the keyfob, but it doesn't interact with the car at all, I can't even get it to turn on the interior light from the keyfob!
Need to identify which type of system you have.I am presuming your actual key operated central locking works ok and the problem lies with the remote fob activation of the central locking and alarm system.

This may be of help https://www1.snapon.com/Files/Diagnosti ... 25B42B.pdf

If you scroll down to page 56 there is a descriptive list of versions and on page 64 a key programming sequence.

HTH